BTT: Michigan Pregame

We should know the likely outcome of the Michigan game in the first ten minutes. If IU tries the same defense as the first game, they are going to lose big.

First game: UM sets a pick 22+ feet from the basket, IU is caught chasing the ball, IU forced to rotate as UM passes the ball around the horn until they get a wide open shot. At no point does IU do anything different. They don't trap the ball. They don't sag under the pick up top and force them to restart the offense. They don't refuse to engage the pick that far out and make them try it closer to the basket. They just keep chasing and watching shot after shot go in including 11-17 (64%) from three while IU in all too familiar fashion puts up 5-19 (26%) from three. If it comes down IU getting in a shoot out with UM, it's an L.

IU's D can be really good but they have to offer more than just hoping UM doesn't shoot well on wide open shots.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My gut feeling is that either Race will be back or TJD, but not both. No insider info, just my opinion.

I don't know if this means anything, but wasn't Race a reclassified recruit?  Didn't play his senior year of high school?  Only say that because technically, next year would of always been his Senior year if he didn't forgo senior year of HS.  Now, I could be wrong on the whole reclassification and my little tidbit.  Or, even if it is a tidbit .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

18pts,12ast, 5rebs

I just don't get you hatred toward him at all do I think you ate not an IU fan but a troll.

Hmmmm.  I'm going to need to google the side effects of eating a troll.  I doubt seriously that it's part of a healthy diet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You do realize XJ has the most assists in a season of any IU player since the 2015-16 season?

You do realize that XJ has almost 100 more assists then anyone on the team this season?

You do realize that XJ leads the team in steals?

He also 2nd on the team in Win Shares and 2nd on the team in TS%, eFG% and PER. 

Please don’t confuse him by stating facts…..he would rather stay in fantasy land.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You do realize XJ has the most assists in a season of any IU player since the 2015-16 season?

You do realize that XJ has almost 100 more assists then anyone on the team this season?

Trayce has more blocked shots.  :coffee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

No. Your team is responsible, it's everyone's job. Are we seriously debating whether or not XJ is a good defender? Outside of McConnell, I can't think of any better perimeters defenders. Ivey I'm sure is, but does he even work on that end?

You constant criticisms are weird. He is pretty good man. You should enjoy good IU players... we've had few recently. 

Ivey plays no defense 

he doesn’t even get in a stance 

• Like 1

If anything, this game should show us how much we've learned and developed this year. We were down double figures for most of the first game, and it never really seemed competitive, even when it dropped to under 10 before the end of the first half. 

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

You do realize XJ has twice as many turnovers a game than any one else on the team

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Coach Shep said:

You do realize XJ has twice as many turnovers a game than any one else on the team

Because he has the ball in his hands on ever possession. Do you realize that at one time Magic Johnson had the most assist and turnovers in NBA history.

• Like 5