BTT: Michigan Pregame

56 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Maybe coach Shep just doesn't care for XJ....I don't have an issue with XJ's game and what he has done.  I think as he goes the team goes, maybe even more so than TJD this year.

The one problem I have with XJ is the theatrics that we must endure every game....being an instigator, flopping around all the time, that is the stuff that make people not like him.  If he could just chill out on that stuff he would probably be one of everyone who watches favorite players.  Don't get me wrong, I will root for him just like anyone else on the team, but I could do without the nonsense.

The thing is that Coach Shep keeps bringing up quality of play issues. If Shep's problem is with XJ's theatrics, then just say it and most of us can easily agree that there are some elements of that theatrical nature that he needs to work on. 

Let's say we were discussing a car that drives extremely well. If the real thing they do not like is the vinyl seats, then do not start discussing the acceleration and handling - especially if they are excellent.  Just say, "I do not like the vinyl seats." Then we can all move on. 

XJ is one of our best players in terms of game play AND the numbers back it up. 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 6

Hold up for a second. 

XJ came in as a "hot and cold potentially combustive player with tremendous potential and great numbers at Pitt. At Pitt. 

He's had some games that were very tough to watch this year but has done something that the two other perimeter transfers haven't. He's gotten better. He's figured out how to be an impact in the Big Ten from the PG position. At this moment and over the last month he's been the best player at his position in the conference. 

If Bates develops and Galloway does his thing for an entire season with Race as our interior star XJ will have tremendous assist numbers and we'll be better next year. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

For the last, I don’t know how many, years people on here have complained that our team had no heart, played like robots, were going through the motions. Now we have a couple of kids—X and TG— who are not afraid of emoting on the floor, kids like those on other teams who we hate, but would love to have on our roster, and people are bitching about that.

Give me more kids like the two I mentioned— all day, every day.

100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Isiah Thomas averaged 3.9 TOs per game at IU. 0.113 per minute played. 81 title year, 3.1 TOs per game, 0.89 per minute played. His A/TO ratio in 80-81 was 1.87. He was one of the best to ever play. XJ's A/TO ratio this year is 1.85.

@Coach Shepdidn't like Isiah Thomas.  Chuck Franz was his main man on that team.  Dude only committed 8 turnovers the entire season.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

Turnovers cost a team more the less possessions than a team that has a lot of possessions. Dont know how that helps your argument

Again... Kitchel barely has the ball in his hands compared to XJ. Kitchel STILL avged over 2TOs per game compared to XJ's 2.6.

There is no way you cannot see that those aren't equal.  I mean, CeeDee Lamb avgs more yards per carry than Jonathan Taylor does... is a better RB? 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, Coach Shep said:

I liked Kitchel's team first attitude. 

Good!! Then you should love XJs as well!! Few have a more team first attitude then him! 

You should see him all over twitter supporting his teammates, coaches, trainers, and other athletes at IU. He's everywhere on twitter! 

• Like 1