BTT: Michigan Pregame

20 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

Turnovers cost a team more the less possessions than a team that has a lot of possessions. Dont know how that helps your argument

You do know that this season IU had its lowest turnover rate in the history of KenPom, right? Clearly, turnovers are not our issue.

XJ, as has been stated to you, leads the team in assists and steals, is 2nd on the team in PER (an efficiency stat), TS% and eFG%. 

He has almost 100 assists more then the next closest guy on the team and has the most assists in a season then any IU player since Yogi Ferrell. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

"As long as you are selfish people, you will never be good basketball players.” Coach Knight

I will ask again something I asked you a while back.

Why are you right and everybody else on the board wrong?  It's like 50-1 here with the opinion on XJ.  Usually, when there is that big of a discrepancy, the person with the '1' opinion is wrong.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why are you right and everybody else on the board wrong?  It's like 50-1 here with the opinion on XJ.  Usually, when there is that big of a discrepancy, the person with the '1' opinion is wrong.  

To add to your point as well, most of us supporting XJ openly admit that he does need some improvement in maturity at times, and some decision making (though that has improved a lot the last half of the season).

We all see that and can agree to that, but otherwise he's had a really good season and am excellent season the last several weeks. 

So scapegoating XJ is just ludicrous. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Classic case of forming your opinion with incomplete information. Book on XJ hasn't been written yet.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”

Saint Augustine

I'm RIGHT when I say you're WRONG.  

You're WRONG when you say I'm not RIGHT

I'm WRONG when my wife tells me I am

You're RIGHT when......sorry, I'm drawing a blank.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach Shep said:

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says 'LIFEMELLO Stand up for what is right even if it it means standing alone.'

Let’s see

”All the facts are against me 

Every stat shows I’m wrong and half the time I don’t understand the stats

Some of my points are cherry picked and others are demonstrably false

Everyone else is still wrong and I’m right even though I haven’t presented a cogent case”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Maybe coach Shep just doesn't care for XJ....I don't have an issue with XJ's game and what he has done.  I think as he goes the team goes, maybe even more so than TJD this year.

The one problem I have with XJ is the theatrics that we must endure every game....being an instigator, flopping around all the time, that is the stuff that make people not like him.  If he could just chill out on that stuff he would probably be one of everyone who watches favorite players.  Don't get me wrong, I will root for him just like anyone else on the team, but I could do without the nonsense.

So you are saying he has Brad Davison syndrome?

• Haha 1

We have to win this game. This team has no business missing the NCAA tourney. I don't care if it's Woodsons first year. He needs to do something to stop the missing the tourney streak. 

I watched the Assembly Call episode of the Woodsons hiring and the same word kept coming up over and over. Underwhelming. 

• Thanks 1