BTT: Michigan Pregame

8 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

You do realize XJ has twice as many turnovers a game than any one else on the team

Should be pretty easy to understand for a coach, no? He has the ball the most and our other ball handlers (Phinisee and Galloway) have missed numerous games. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BGleas said:

You do realize XJ has the most assists in a season of any IU player since the 2015-16 season?

You do realize that XJ has almost 100 more assists then anyone on the team this season?

You do realize that XJ leads the team in steals?

He also 2nd on the team in Win Shares and 2nd on the team in TS%, eFG% and PER. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

You do realize XJ has the most assists in a season of any IU player since the 2015-16 season?

You do realize that XJ has almost 100 more assists then anyone on the team this season?

XJ is one of those guys who has a little bit of on court crazy in him, BUT, he is a pretty talented guy and when you get him to have himself under control he is a really big asset.  Yeah, he plays on the edge a little bit sometimes but damn if he doesn't care.  He hates to lose.  We need more of that type of attitude in the program.

He will be a big part of whatever we do next year.  This team is missing production at the 2/3.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Most point guards do but ok

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

All more than fair. Good dudes.

All average a higher TO rate than XJ does. 

XJ  2.6 TO

He is higher than all 4

Geronimo 1.0

Galloway 1.4

Bates 0.8

Rob 1.1

14 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

XJ  2.6 TO

He is higher than all 4

Geronimo 1.0

Galloway 1.4

Bates 0.8

Rob 1.1

I’m calling it…..10:44 am EST  Coach Shep passed away on a cold and lonely hill

Are you related to Skip Bayless ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Coach Shep said:

Turnovers per minute played . here is your rate

XJ  .095

Geronimo   .081

Galloway  .065

Rob  .059

Bates  .048

Isiah Thomas averaged 3.9 TOs per game at IU. 0.113 per minute played. 81 title year, 3.1 TOs per game, 0.89 per minute played. His A/TO ratio in 80-81 was 1.87. He was one of the best to ever play. XJ's A/TO ratio this year is 1.85.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

Turnovers per minute played . here is your rate

XJ  .095

Geronimo   .081

Galloway  .065

Rob  .059

Bates  .048

No... that is not rate either. That is an average of TO's per min. But, from those #'s and from the eye test. JG is a turnover machine. 

Rate would be like--- how much he has the ball in his hands/how many passes he makes divided by the amount he has the ball in his hands. 

Surely you can agree that XJ has the ball in his hands 50% of basically any offensive possession we have. So, he should also account for half of our turnovers.... he doesn't or not even close to it. I hope you now understand what turnover rate is. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 5

My 2 cents: Coach Shep must be playing with everyone. I would have argued that XJ was one of our best players when he was out of control half the time. I could see some arguments against him then... not now.

Now that governs the offense with an iron fist and makes globally good decisions, he is the core of this team. Honestly, his directing the team on where to position themselves on offense impressed me as much as anything in the PU game. 

Honestly, XJ's play has been so good that an IU fan believing his play has not been good only leaves a few reasonable possibilities: 

1. They did not watch the last few games
  2. They are crazy/do not know anything about basketball
  3. I am crazy/do not know anything about basketball
  4. We live in similar parallel universes that somehow intersect along HSN... 

EDIT: I am hoping it is #4 - that would be cool. 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Isiah Thomas averaged 3.9 TOs per game at IU. 0.113 per minute played. 81 title year, 3.1 TOs per game, 0.89 per minute played. His A/TO ratio in 80-81 was 1.87. He was one of the best to ever play. XJ's A/TO ratio this year is 1.85.

The 1976 team averaged 16.8 turnovers a game 

25 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

My 2 cents: Coach Shep must be playing with everyone. I would have argued that XJ was one of our best players when he was out of control half the time. I could see some arguments against him then... not now.

Now that governs the offense with an iron fist and makes globally good decisions, he is the core of this team. Honestly, his directing the team on where to position themselves on offense impressed me as much as anything in the PU game. 

Honestly, XJ's play has been so good that an IU fan believing his play has not been good only leaves a few reasonable possibilities: 

1. They did not watch the last few games
  2. They are crazy/do not know anything about basketball
  3. I am crazy/do not know anything about basketball
  4. We live in similar parallel universes that somehow intersect along HSN... 

EDIT: I am hoping it is #4 - that would be cool. 

Maybe coach Shep just doesn't care for XJ....I don't have an issue with XJ's game and what he has done.  I think as he goes the team goes, maybe even more so than TJD this year.

The one problem I have with XJ is the theatrics that we must endure every game....being an instigator, flopping around all the time, that is the stuff that make people not like him.  If he could just chill out on that stuff he would probably be one of everyone who watches favorite players.  Don't get me wrong, I will root for him just like anyone else on the team, but I could do without the nonsense.