2022 PG Skyy Clark-committed to Illinois

rico

I watched him play in his back from injury game a couple of months back for Montverde, and he was rusty, but you could see the talent...

I like being deep at guard, but I think he'd find minutes hard to come by with us depending on who we have coming back...

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the check bounced. Cal was tto busy watching the women win the SEC tourney and forgot to make the deposit. 

In all seriousness were we ever a player in his recruitment?

1 hour ago, rico said:

I don't know how serious we were.  But we offered according to what I saw on 247.

Finalists, other than KY, were UNC, UCLA and Memphis.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, IUFLA said:

I watched him play in his back from injury game a couple of months back for Montverde, and he was rusty, but you could see the talent...

I like being deep at guard, but I think he'd find minutes hard to come by with us depending on who we have coming back...

That's true but unfortunately not because we have so much talent back there but because the HC would rather play older players from what we've seen this year.

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's true but unfortunately not because we have so much talent back there but because the HC would rather play older players from what we've seen this year.

It might be the NBA in him where most rookies dont get meaningful mins. but did we really have any young guys deserving of more mins than what they got?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Let’s play young kids just because they’re young to get them experience and be good by the time they are seniors.

buuuut wait when they are seniors they won’t play because we have a younger kid. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

His ranking came from dominating Curbello a couple of times in AAU. They saw what they wanted to see but only got part of the picture. Like I said many times CAM did a huge disservice to KL

KL has the ability.  Pregame warmups he is the quickest player on the floor.  We know he can see the floor in a way most college players can't.

The question has always been defense.  Never watched him play HS, it seems as if he grew up in a zone like defense? On-the ball defense is not an instinct to match if the ball was in his hands.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

His ranking came from dominating Curbello a couple of times in AAU. They saw what they wanted to see but only got part of the picture. Like I said many times CAM did a huge disservice to KL

I still wouldn't trade him for Curbelo...

3 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

It's your opinion but KL wasn't selected preseason all big ten....like he's not even close to Curbelo

How'd that work out?

Underwood allowed Curbelo to play, I would say through mistakes, but more like in spite of mistakes...

Does he occasionally make a spectacular play? Yes...but he makes a lot of boneheaded plays as well...

Curbelo has shot 36% overall this year and 20% from 3 with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio...

Neither can play defense. My opinion is that and his reckless play with the ball would have kept Curbelo off the floor under Coach Woody just like it did Lander...

• Like 3

Lander most likely gave up Mr Basketball to re-classify.  I still blame Archie a ton for taking that away from him.  It was pretty obvious he wasn’t physically ready, and still isn’t (getting closer though).  I haven’t given up on KL but his time is running out with the guards coming in.  

• Like 3