3/8 H Cinci+ 3/9 H IPFW

btownqb

As mentioned we get two home midweek games this week. Both will have solid weather for them... around 50 each day with some sunshine. Tues will start a 5 game in 6 day stretch. 

Both of these games will be on BTN+ (which is student ran and just sucks overall). Isn't half as good as the ESPN broadcast. 

Anyways, I assume Luke Hayden will start on Tues and I would think Wednesday, ideally, will be a huge bullpen day. I believe we will use a lot of guys we haven't seen this year in that game. just an opinion. 

Cinci is solid though. 

Edited by btownqb

• btownqb changed the title to 3/8 H Cinci+ 3/9 H IPFW

Little colder today and tomorrow than I originally thought. That's ok though, still pretty nice. 45-50 and some sun during the game. To me these are two big games, we can get these two and go win the series at Troy we will be above .500. 

Also.. I will start posting the "game links" ---radio, TV, and live stats each game, as well. 

Today, and I have done this before... I am going to sync the radio broadcast with the stream, and listen to it. I absolutely cannot listen to the BTN Student U productions. It is awful and quite honestly not worth my money. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/3/7/baseball-gameday-host-cincinnati-purdue-fort-wayne.aspx

Game preview for both games this week. It does mention that Hayden is the probable starter this evening and Jack Walker tomorrow, which I thought he might be the guy tomorrow. 

Cinci has hit 20 HRs in 10 games this year. https://gobearcats.com/sports/baseball/roster/alex-shea/10523 link to UC's starters stats. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Little colder today and tomorrow than I originally thought. That's ok though, still pretty nice. 45-50 and some sun during the game. To me these are two big games, we can get these two and go win the series at Troy we will be above .500. 

Also.. I will start posting the "game links" ---radio, TV, and live stats each game, as well. 

Today, and I have done this before... I am going to sync the radio broadcast with the stream, and listen to it. I absolutely cannot listen to the BTN Student U productions. It is awful and quite honestly not worth my money. 

Don’t know anything about Cincinnati, but PFW is absolutely horrible.

• Like 1

T6 7-0

Hayden 3IP 1H 5Ks 0BBs 48p

We brought Modugno in for an inning (our Fri Night starter). He pitches a great inning 0H 0BB 2Ks. 

Stahl pitched a scoreless inning the last inning and he remains in. 

FR Tibbitts and FR Pyne went back to back into our own bullpen in the B5. 

Jack Walker gets the start tomorrow. Excited to see him. Big dude. 6'6 235. 

Hayden was very good today. I assume the plan was for him to throw 50p the whole time. He sat 92-94. There was at least one scout there watching him. I'm unsure of what the plan is for him moving forward, but I assume a Sunday starter could easily be in the mix. 

I do think Jack Perkins is going to be the Fri night guy weekend. Past that... probably Brehmer on Sat. 

Although chilly now.. we are going to get up to 48 with some sun. It will feel warmer over there today, for sure. Most of the game will be played in the sun. I think we might see some early subbing or some different guys starting today. I assume Serruto catches, but Ellis DHs. 

Whalen, Glasser, Doanes, Tibbitts will all start. Maybe Colopy, Mathison, or Pyne get a day off. jmo 

I didn't realize until this morning... we gave up 2H 0BB 0HBP. We gave up two singles. Crazy how much we've grown in 10 games. We were also very pitch efficient last night, which we really have struggled at. 

Tonight I'm hoping to see a good outing from Walker. I assume they'll let him throw 55-60p.. if he is throwing well. Kraft will probably get an inning, Bothwell too. 

Others I would like to see: FR Costa Sirounis, Joe Moran, and David Platt.