Offseason 2022

I like to see XJ and TJD come back but really doubt TJD comes back.. I like to build around this group next year and then feel in with transfers.

XJ.

Bates.

Geronimo.

JHS.

Banks.

Galloway.

Gunn.

Duncomb.

Leal.

We just have to have infusion of talent and shooting.  We need to get a couple of big guys but they don't have to be low post scorers and play back to the basket.  We need rebounding and rim pertection and the ability to go out and shoot.

3 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Lots of firings/hirings, a lot of kids might be back on the market.  Add that to the kids already in the portal as well as whoever is left uncommitted for the class of 22, hoping things get interesting.  Need shooters.....lots of them, as well as some size.

I really hope Durr transfers. IMO he brings absolutely nothing to the table. If he plays over Duncomb then Duncomb is pretty much gone unless Duncomb is starting then I want someone else to back him up. Durr should only play if we need someone to foul. He was a complete disappointment and I wish Woody would’ve noticed it and given Logan a chance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m not 100% that they are close, it’s something I’ve seen before 

EDIT: They were assistant coaches for Oregon in only 2009-2010

We are saving money now that Archie got a job, if the dude is that important to recruiting, up his pay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know why he would go to UL where it is kind of toxic over staying here and building iU back.

Yea, edited my previous comment, looks like they only coached together during the 2009-2010 Oregon season. However, they definitely knew each other before, since Rosemond was the DOBO for Oregon for 5 years 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m not 100% that they are close, it’s something I’ve seen before 

EDIT: They were assistant coaches for Oregon in only 2009-2010

Payne was Ya's mentor and helped him get the gig with Woodson.  Doesn't mean he will jump ship.  Probably will be extended and offer, but seems like Ya likes being here.  Like many decisions might come down to $$$$.  Then again, Payne and Woodson are close.  We shall see.  There are plenty of coaches who recruit.  And, Banks is already signed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Payne was Ya's mentor and helped him get the gig with Woodson.  Doesn't mean he will jump ship.  Probably will be extended and offer, but seems like Ya likes being here.  Like many decisions might come down to $$$$.  Then again, Payne and Woodson are close.  We shall see.  There are plenty of coaches who recruit.  And, Banks is already signed.

I agree, since back in April he was extremely grateful that he was given a 2nd chance after the Alabama fiasco. Remember seeing that he broke down in tears after being offered for the job.

Not saying he will jump ship, but it’s something to watch potentially.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Leal is excited for next season 

Love this. Hometown boy.  Leal has shown he can play solid defense and is pretty athletic and strong. If he gets more comfortable with CW's system and gains confidence,  he can be a solid contributor as an upperclassmen.

That's about what I would have expected for him.  No one thought he would start and star for us day 1. He just needs to be triple threat ready, instead of looking to pass as soon as the ball is coming his way. Let it fly with some confidence son!

• Like 1