Offseason 2022

Coach Woodson will do what he thinks is right and will handle the business side of that professionally/honestly. The kids know this time of year is all about business not emotion too. Appreciate all the players who chose to put that Indiana uniform on but sadly we can't bring back the same guys. 

I've never been a fan of specifically naming those who will leave but I could see as many 4-5 guys departing. Some on their own and some shown the door....and there is always the 1 transfer where you go huh? Didn't see that coming like Franklin last year.

• Like 5

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Coach Woodson will do what he thinks is right and will handle the business side of that professionally/honestly. The kids know this time of year is all about business not emotion too. Appreciate all the players who chose to put that Indiana uniform on but sadly we can't bring back the same guys. 

I've never been a fan of specifically naming those who will leave but I could see as many 4-5 guys departing. Some on their own and some shown the door....and there is always the 1 transfer where you go huh? Didn't see that coming like Franklin last year.

Lord I hope that isn't Bates. 

• Like 4

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

There is rumor that he is gone, since he parents are supposedly unhappy. But that doesn’t make sense, do to them always interacting with IU stuff all the time

Parents are always unhappy.  Dane Fife told a story about his Dad being unhappy and wanting him to transfer his Freshman year.  Tamar had time available to steal this year and he couldn't do it.  Hopefully he sticks around and dedicates himself to earning that time.

• Like 5

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Parents are always unhappy.  Dane Fife told a story about his Dad being unhappy and wanting him to transfer his Freshman year.  Tamar had time available to steal this year and he couldn't do it.  Hopefully he sticks around and dedicates himself to earning that time.

YES!!! 

• Like 1

Please, PLEASE get rid Kopp, Stewart, and Phinisee.  If those guys are getting 20-25 minutes a game next season, we’re a .500 bubble team again, at best.

Have to get improvement from Bates and Galloway, more consistency from X, and another guard or two out of the portal to go along with JHS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I really hope Durr transfers. IMO he brings absolutely nothing to the table. If he plays over Duncomb then Duncomb is pretty much gone unless Duncomb is starting then I want someone else to back him up. Durr should only play if we need someone to foul. He was a complete disappointment and I wish Woody would’ve noticed it and given Logan a chance.

Mr Insult GIF - Tommy Boy Chris Farley Mr Insult - Discover & Share GIFs.

I

I just don't understand why some "observations" are passed off as "fact". We can't say someone should have played over another person, we don't have the information needed to make a claim like that. 

We were never going to just throw the FR to the wolves. LD and TB aren't talented enough and physically ready enough to do that. Saw posts and talked to a guy this morning that said Bates should have just taken all of Kopp's mins all year long? I couldn't hardly believe what I was hearing. 

It was pretty evident the staff and CMW knew exactly who should and shouldn't be playing when we subbed with 6 or 7 mins left. Bates is just erratic right now and a lost soul defensively, LD threw one of the worst outlet passes I have ever seen last night in that game. They just weren't viable options this year and Durr being on our roster as an emergency isn't the issue. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

His situation certainly could be comparable to Franklin. Let's hope not. 

Bates is a young freshman.  People forget that he has gone through a ton this year.  It was reported he will be a father (from reports on this board), he lost a close family member this year as well.  

His best basketball days are ahead of him!  He was on a team made up of Seniors.  I am pretty sure it was understood that he is part of the future.  And, I am pretty sure there are on the court, off of court where attention was needed.  On the court, physical defense. 

I have a feeling Bates is going to be on the wing and we are going to love watching him play.  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 4

I think CMW can keep this team at a high level defensively. 

The big question mark is where do we get offense from when we will likely lose 1 or both of our top 2 scorers on a team that was already offensively challenged.   Plus we have no one on the outside that is a proven consistent scorer at all levels.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I really hope Durr transfers. IMO he brings absolutely nothing to the table. If he plays over Duncomb then Duncomb is pretty much gone unless Duncomb is starting then I want someone else to back him up. Durr should only play if we need someone to foul. He was a complete disappointment and I wish Woody would’ve noticed it and given Logan a chance.

The thought of relying on Durr & Duncomb certainly doesn't give me "the warm & fuzzies".  I'd guess Durr playing over Duncomb was largely due to strength (or lack of it).

We absolutely needs shooting - multiple guys, but the front court may also be a sore spot if RT & TJD are gone.  While mentioning those two, I hope CMW gets a good feel for their plans soon so he can adjust accordingly - we don't need to be hanging on in limbo in June not knowing who's coming back.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Bates is a young freshman.  People forget that he has gone through a ton this year.  It was reported he will be a father (from reports on this board), he lost a close family member this year as well.  

His best basketball days are ahead of him!  He was on a team made up of Seniors.  I am pretty sure it was understood that he is part of the future.  And, I am pretty sure there are on the court, off of court where attention was needed.  On the court, physical defense. 

I have a feeling Bates is going to be on the wing and we are going to love watching him play.  

I know a lot of people might not listening to Bardo but one thing I have heard him say several times for a few different teams is that if a 5 star or highly recruited freshman is not playing its almost 100% because they have not figured the defensive component out yet. Bates will over the off season will get a ton of shots so hopefully that improves and he will be very good at Indiana. Has a very bright future. 

What I saw from LD during high school really impressed me. If Race and TJD were not ahead of him he would have had more minutes. He will be fine and will get more minutes next year but will be an impact player his last 2 years IMO

• Like 2

I am going out on a limb with my most improved player in the off season. I am saying that Trey Galloway becomes a very good shooter. If he keeps healthy  he has the work ethic and knows that it is needed. He, Bates and Geronimo are going to be very good after a full off season with our staff. CMW will also bring in some "friends" this summer to help and it won't go unnoticed on the guys just cool that will be😀

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am going out on a limb with my most improved player in the off season. I am saying that Trey Galloway becomes a very good shooter. If he keeps healthy  he has the work ethic and knows that it is needed. He, Bates and Geronimo are going to be very good after a full off season with our staff. CMW will also bring in some "friends" this summer to help and it won't go unnoticed on the guys just cool that will be😀

I dont think Galloway will ever become a consistent shooter.  He can and should improve other areas of his game.

Now Bates?  Bates will be a consistent shooter/scorer, but he needs to rise above the James Blackmon Jr. level of defender to play for Woodson.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dont think Galloway will ever become a consistent shooter.  He can and should improve other areas of his game.

Now Bates?  Bates will be a consistent shooter/scorer, but he needs to rise above the James Blackmon Jr. level of defender to play for Woodson.

I just have this strange feeling that Trey will. It goes against logic but he is so smart and knows that to be fully effective being a very good shooter will be needed. I think he will be. I could be wrong but his shot can be fixed its not broke beyond repair. 

4 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I definitely wish Bates would have got more run.  He has more ability in one leg than the Two guys ahead of him... "loving seniors " can burn you, on the recruiting  trail. Especially with 5 and high 4 star kids

This isn't really true.

And yes, Bates for sure has more ability then Parker and Kopp... why didn't he show that more often when given the opportunity? Bates not playing anymore than he did is 100% on him. 

• Like 1