Offseason 2022

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's a great question

Little of both. I would anticipate more than 1 Olympic Gold medalist

Just so I follow this correctly. Coach wants Wittman on the staff....but that might rub "potentially" some of the current staff wrong which might lead to say a guy like Rosemond reconnect with Kenny in Louisville possibly?

And guys like Carmelo or whomever could come in some type of capacity as well? Just making sure I'm following the potentials.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Jmo 

JHS is starting at one of the wings next year. Thats fine if others dont factor FR into their equations.. I'm going to. 

54 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I love the clips I have seen of him.  I hope he delivers immediately.  I think he is substantially better prospect than Bates.  He can control the ball really well.  I posted that he would get in the lane with size that was reminiscent of Jason Kidd.

I know I don't have the practiced eye of some, but I've watched 3 complete games that JHS has played in, and I'm not sure at this point he shoots the 3 well enough to be a 2 or 3...

His best spot, at least right now, is as a 1. He's a floor general with outstanding leadership qualities. He can play defense on 1-3s, but until he's consistent with his outside shooting, I'm not so sure he can play all 3 positions on offense...

I can envision him on the floor with XJ, but from what I've seen, he's better with the ball in his hands...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I know I don't have the practiced eye of some, but I've watched 3 complete games that JHS has played in, and I'm not sure at this point he shoots the 3 well enough to be a 2 or 3...

His best spot, at least right now, is as a 1. He's a floor general with outstanding leadership qualities. He can play defense on 1-3s, but until he's consistent with his outside shooting, I'm not so sure he can play all 3 positions on offense...

I can envision him on the floor with XJ, but from what I've seen, he's better with the ball in his hands...

You have seen more of him than I have but I think your assessment is  spot on.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He will have the ball in his hands. A ton.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You have seen more of him than I have but I think your assessment is  spot on.  

He does have a pretty good dribble-drive game, can finish in traffic, and is really good mid range...reminds me a lot of Ohio State's outstanding freshman Malaki Branham there...

But Branham shot 43% from 3 this year...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I couldn't agree more on Bates.  I like the skill set and think he can get a lot better.  But Woody needs to really get through to him.  I agree with all you said. I would add that he puts his head down and wants to shoot like a total black hole.  He did that at least 2-3 times last night.  It's not winning basketball.  Bates seems like a good kid who is coachable.  Woody is used to the black hole guys from the NBA.  Maybe he can reason with him. 

Master Bates also has to get a lot stronger and be able to work in traffic with more strength.  He has very good potential but he has a ton to work on.  I hope he gets there, because there is considerable ability there.  The problem is that all the natural talent in the world won't matter if you don't play winning basketball.

There is no way I go into next season putting him down as a starter in ink.  Would love to see him earn it.  But we have to protect ourselves by getting a transfer who can start at SG.  

Woody said last night in the postgame that we needed defense on the wing and shooting.  Hopefully we add a starting caliber player for the spot.

Master Bates. I see what you did there😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jdstultz said:

Master Bates. I see what you did there😂

I’m sure everyone know it’s from a movie with Richard Pryor, the Toy.  

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjWq-_W0ND2AhWpkokEHeR2BAcQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQrgl2b6soSs&usg=AOvVaw1DTqszXT1vr2sI2fToQ1-5

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1