Offseason 2022

Just now, BGleas said:

Agree, though I'd add that both schools typically have multiple guys that can break you down off the dribble. 

Watching Baylor now, and most possessions there isn't even a player inside the 3pt line. They're so spread out and because they're so skilled the defense has to respect it. 

Carolina is playing similar. Only posting on a mismatch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree, though I'd add that both schools typically have multiple guys that can break you down off the dribble. 

Watching Baylor now, and most possessions there isn't even a player inside the 3pt line. They're so spread out and because they're so skilled the defense has to respect it. 

Love the speed both UNC and Baylor are playing.  Got to think coach wants this speed.  There is a different degree of athletes on the floor.   

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I was meaning 12-15 minutes if we replaced Durr with someone way more serviceable than him. As a veteran he made wayyyy too many mistakes.

Which mistakes? Can you remember any specifics or games in which he a few of them? 

I have a lot of down time coming up... probably rewatch our close games/PW5 games. I've rewatched the accelerated replays 2 or 3 times already, but will again. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

DD is jealous of college kids posting TikToks... hahahaha

It stinks he's such a turd curmudgeon associated with IU.

I would much rather have someone like Rex Chapman. Yes he bleeds UK blue, but he's made the choice to present himself in a much better light.

DD's gig is just tired and lazy at this point. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Which mistakes? Can you remember any specifics or games in which he a few of them? 

I have a lot of down time coming up... probably rewatch our close games/PW5 games. I've rewatched the accelerated replays 2 or 3 times already, but will again. 

I’m not sure about mistakes, I just think he was super slow on rotations. Which isn’t necessarily his fault, his quickness or lack there of is a detriment unfortunately 

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Seems like he travelled and fouled a lot.  His per 40 says 2.8 turnovers and 7.5 fouls.

Aside from that, other than free throws, his shooting was pretty poor.

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

DD is jealous of college kids posting TikToks... hahahaha

He hates how IU has to many Blogger Boys and podcast who had no clue what they are talking about.  He calls out the guys on Assembly Call all the time

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Seems like he travelled and fouled a lot.  His per 40 says 2.8 turnovers and 7.5 fouls.

Aside from that, other than free throws, his shooting was pretty poor.

To me First is yo slow of foot to be more than a fill in when needed.  It seemed liked he stopped a lot of rebounds that came right to him.  He can't jump to get rebounds that are out of his area.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He hates how IU has to many Blogger Boys and podcast who had no clue what they are talking about.  He calls out the guys on Assembly Call all the time

I don’t like Dakich and I’m not a huge fan of a lot of bloggers or IU Twitter accounts for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, they’re normally spewing negativity or criticism. Sometimes warranted, many times it’s just to get a reaction from people. Secondly, there isn’t always daily “news” surrounding the program, but they’ll make something up or just repeat the same complaint or gossip hourly. I think that’s my biggest complaint with sports bloggers and social media guys in general, they just repeat the same opinion over and over and over….like we get it. Most of the time the opinion is not very original or worthy of a big audience, and if you call them out on it, they get really offended, defensive, or just rude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don’t like Dakich and I’m not a huge fan of a lot of bloggers or IU Twitter accounts for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, they’re normally spewing negativity or criticism. Sometimes warranted, many times it’s just to get a reaction from people. Secondly, there isn’t always daily “news” surrounding the program, but they’ll make something up or just repeat the same complaint or gossip hourly. I think that’s my biggest complaint with sports bloggers and social media guys in general, they just repeat the same opinion over and over and over….like we get it. Most of the time the opinion is not very original or worthy of a big audience, and if you call them out on it, they get really offended, defensive, or just rude. 

I agree that there are just to many social media outlets that really does no good.  I think this is why I am starting to get annoyed with the culture that is around sports today.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

There several teams I watch the last few years and I just think that I wish IU could recruit and play like these teams. 

This goes further back then last year, so I don't mean to cherry pick recent national title winners, but I just love the type of players Baylor and Villanova recruit and the style they play. 

Just tough players, skilled and aggressive guards, 3 & D wings with length, and long, athletic bigs that rim run offensively, can play the PnR and are tough defensively. 

Both programs play tough D and play with pace offensively.  

I couldn’t agree more.  I love that vision.  I suspect (hope) Woody does too.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I agree that there are just to many social media outlets that really does no good.  I think this is why I am starting to get annoyed with the culture that is around sports today.

Let me know when you get full bore there, Scott, cause your warmup has been damned impressive! 😉

• Haha 4