Offseason 2022

Just now, Coach Shep said:

Dakich held Jordan to 13 points in Indiana's 72-68 victory

Go back and watch that game and Dean Smith held Jordan to 13 points.  We get mad at Woodson subbing pattern but Smith was bad as well.  In the first half I think he played Jordan like 11 minutes.

Assembly Call guys are pretty good and stay above the board most of the time, even when DD picked a fight with them. I like listening immediately after IU games win or lose. I think DD is a little arrogant to think that those of us who never played or coached D-1 college ball don’t have the right to opine about basketball. After all, that’s the beauty of being a Hoosier; the game is an intrinsic part of growing up here- most of us have played the game in some capacity and we as a fan base know more collectively than most other states. At least that’s how we all feel. 

DD tries his best to rattle the locals, especially now that he is nationally syndicated. He is also a grudge holder. He calls Romeo Langford “shoe guy”, but the reality is, that he is mad because New Albany beat his team in the 1980 final four, and his guy missed a free throw that would have won. He obviously is bitter about not being the successor to Bob Knight, and takes shots at IU every chance he gets. I think he is close to crossing the line by picking a fight with XJ on Twitter. As a more Distinguished older gentleman, he should be careful that he is calling out college kids thru National media outlets. Could get ugly if he doesn’t keep it cool. As someone esle said, I would prefer Assembly Call to his show any day.

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rev_AK said:

Coach Woodson’s daughter on Twitter:

Imagine being a 60 year old man talking about “maturity” while bashing young, student athletes on Twitter Hoosier nation, Don’t be like Dan. PLEASE

Dan's just jealous Xavier Johnson has played 3579 minutes of college basketball compared to his measly 1292. I guess you can't blame Dan for not understanding what fatigue is given he never played enough minutes to have it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

DD lives rent free in way to many peoples heads. He’s lived Indiana basketball for longer than just about anyone at level that most people couldn’t even imagine. He’s grown frustrated over the years with the amount of players that haven’t played for the university and more about themselves or just didn’t seem to care about winning. Does he go about things the right way all the time? No, but he’s given more of his adult life to the basketball program than a lot of people and yet people like to say he’s bitter. Seeing Indiana good just means more to him. I’ve seen it with other people at other levels of athletics many times. 

• Like 3