Offseason 2022

Just now, KDB said:

If you had to pick one of these players to return next season, who would it be:

Race or Geronimo? 

Curious what you all think.

I like Race, but if I had to choose I would take Geronimo. I think he was just starting to find his potential at the end of the season, and expect him to continue working hard to improve his game. Race is a good player, but I believe Geronimo could be a really special player, and he seems to have that work ethic.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I like Race, but if I had to choose I would take Geronimo. I think he was just starting to find his potential at the end of the season, and expect him to continue working hard to improve his game. Race is a good player, but I believe Geronimo could be a really special player, and he seems to have that work ethic.

This x100

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I would agree. I also think Race got too tired during games and also by end of season. Which surprised me for as good of shape as he got in while he was here.

5 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

This x100

Hopefully both come back.  Got to think a full offseason with this staff will do wonders.  The NBA develops players, that is what they do.  Mike Woodson develops players and most development comes in the offseason.  Now, it will be interesting to see the plan in place for growth.  

Both of these players showed growth this season.  Would love to see how pieces fall in place.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

If all 3 are back, I really hope Geronimo stays and starts on the wing. Race and TJD could spell each other a bit more, and then you have XJ and JHS as the starting guards. I think it works. 

Geronimo can't play the wing on either end. I'm a JG fan and excited about what he might do next year, but beyond his offensive limitations on the wing, he was terrible this season defensively on the wing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Geronimo can't play the wing on either end. I'm a JG fan and excited about what he might do next year, but beyond his offensive limitations on the wing, he was terrible this season defensively on the wing. 

Yes, just currently not an option. 

• Like 1

Never a dull moment with IU basketball. This off season is no different.

We knew three players had to leave just to bring in the next class of Banks, JHS and Gunn. Losing Parker, Durr and Lander fulfills that requirement. Now it's a question of who is next?

CMW has mentioned several times they will be working in the portal. So, if you add anyone it's going to require someone to leave. It's just a matter of where they can improve. He also mentioned the wings specifically. Seems obvious they need to add a more talented wing who can shoot/score and/or defend, and they need more size that can really play. That suggests two more additions and obviously at least two more will be leaving. 

My guess is they can't announce additions until they know who is leaving but it will need to happen sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Michael Lewis was the magic sauce behind Tim Miles success at Nebraska.  He is doing the same for Cronin at UCLA.  He will do big things as a head coach.  

I agree. I think he is going to find success. It would not shock me at all if he becomes next IU coach when CMW hangs it up.