Offseason 2022

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

He has already gotten into trouble once with the suspension so now this is a pattern of bad behavior. To go along with his trouble at Pitt this is not an isolated incident.

What "trouble" did he have at Pitt? I'm not aware of any...

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And agree. That said, that is very much an on-the-scene judgement call. X can have a pretty brusque edge to him. Scenario could go either direction. 

Like I said, watch an episode of "Cops." They'll hit you with a resisting for being a smartass...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I read it and thought. "Nice, good for him. Solid hire by Butler." 

My natural reaction to most things usually doesn't have a Dakich flare to it. 🤷‍♂️

Think he takes a break from his Mike Woodson smear campaign to talk about any of this?

In a week we went from “no one knows what Marta’s role is and Woody doesn’t use him anyway” to him leaving is a major issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Like I said, watch an episode of "Cops." They'll hit you with a resisting for being a smartass...

Can't believe you are going off examples from Cops, like all of that is true.  It is like all other reality shows that a lot of it is staged.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Confused 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

He left the team early because he couldn't get along with his coach.  Had trouble on the court with getting techs which was what their coach didn't like.

Yeah, that's something to be concerned about...

Have you heard of this thing called the transfer portal? Filled with kids who didn't "get along with his coach."

Just now, IU Scott said:

Can't believe you are going off examples from Cops, like me all of that is true.  It is like all other reality shows that a lot of it is staged.

Whatever you want to think...It's not "staged" at all...Edited? Yes...

But it does show that some cops, if you give them any lip, will pile on the charges...

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

From a team culture standpoint, who were the infamous northwestern four?   Michael Durr.  Parker Stewart, Khristian Lander, and X?

X is a good enough player to deal with this kind of thing.  Woody can make him work it off all summer.  But it’s noteworthy that the other three are gone. 

There were 5 with the other being Bates

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

But it does show that some cops, if you give them any lip, will pile on the charges...

Truth. My brother was a cop for about 8 years. He’d let a certain degree of back talk go, just because the paperwork wasn’t worth it to haul everyone in. Other cops are more of the “RESPECT MY AUTHORITAHH” type with a hair trigger when it comes to lip. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

It’s entirely possible that XJ was speeding and didn’t pull over fast enough for the cop’s liking. Just wait and see until all the facts come out. Not worth overreacting like 2 weeks into the offseason. 

That scenario did run through my mind...it would cover both charges, too...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The other site is saying he was doing 140 in a 50 😬

If that’s the case, he was either in a damn IndyCar or he deserves a medal, because that’s some driving skill to keep a vehicle on the road at 3X the limit. 

100-110 I could see. But it’s hard finding a production car that will hold 140+ on an open road for very long. 

• Like 1

I’m disappointed in this. Not as much as what may have happened- college kids do stupid things.XJ is temperamental, and seems like he is going to have ups and downs. But we don’t know the facts, and so far no one’s head was run over that we know of. ( Devin Davis reference) After watching TJD interact with a bitter fan yesterday who criticized Lander, and seeing the absolute disparity between the talent I saw in the UNC/Duke game, ( which was everything that we would have wanted an IU/Purdue Final Four match up would be) It has finally dawned on me exactly how far we have fallen. I am disappointed in the distance IU is from where they are and where we want them to be. Or feel like they should be. Whether this is a big deal or not, it isn’t good- I’ll with hold any judgement about XJ the person, because he is young. And mostly because it isn’t my responsibility. If our fans continue throwing shade at kids on social media, it WILL scare off recruits. But, couple this with Matta leaving, and the Fife situation, and it is apparent there will only be one person accountable if the restoration of IU basketball is delayed further, and that is CMW. So, hopefully this is the end of off season disappointments, but something tells me it isn’t….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

If that’s the case, he was either in a damn IndyCar or he deserves a medal, because that’s some driving skill to keep a vehicle on the road at 3X the limit. 

100-110 I could see. But it’s hard finding a production car that will hold 140+ on an open road for very long. 

Maybe he has a NIL with some kind of sports car LOL!

• Like 1