Offseason 2022

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Guys. We don't know the story. These charges could be dropped or lessened by tomorrow. 

There wasn't alcohol involved, correct? 

Was wondering where the drugs or alcohol are?  If not it could be driving 25-30 over?  Being a dick while being arrested?  
love to know the real story 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe he has a NIL with some kind of sports car LOL!

Even then, finding a place around B-town to open it up that much is challenging. You probably could around the bypass if you didn’t lift around every light and somehow caught every green. Which in my 2.5 years of living there, didn’t happen once. 

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well, from 140 it does take a bit to get stopped ! 😁

Actually a valid statement. Even if it was a ‘22 Corvette with a factory track package, you can’t just lock it up from that speed. On a normal road, you’re talking 2-3 miles down the road before you could get it stopped, minimum. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

It’s entirely possible that XJ was speeding and didn’t pull over fast enough for the cop’s liking. Just wait and see until all the facts come out. Not worth overreacting like 2 weeks into the offseason. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if what happened was he was speeding and the “resisting” was something like them asking X to get out of the car, allowing them to search the vehicle without any cause, etc. Cops HATE when civilians know their rights and won’t just blindly let them do whatever they want to the civilian out of fear of the law being on the cop’s side. 

My freshman year got pulled over since we were the only ones out on this road. Cop automatically assumed it was drunk driving, absolutely harassed the driver and made him take a field sobriety test. We were literally just lost and trying to find fast food, so yes, cops can absolutely make something out of nothing. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 7

CMW was suspended for pot use in his playing days at IU. RMK could have released him on the spot, but knew that it was an event in a young man’s life that was either going to make him, or break him. Knight knew the underlying character of a young Mike Woodson, chose to suspend him, and helped him grow into a responsible, productive person.

I am sure that life experience will guide CMW into making the best decision for the program, but more importantly for the young man. If X has the character we are looking for in a team leader, I think that the head coach will handle this appropriately.

Thank goodness some on here with the knee jerk reactions aren’t in a position to judge the situation 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

So basically, the kids ARE reading this, watching our reactions. Not that it justifies them doing stupid stuff, and not that other teams fanbase’s don’t do similar things… But sometimes when the chips are down, we should rally around our team and each other, instead of taking out 20 years of frustration out on them. After watching a dazzling ballgame last night, and seeing an all “blue blood” final four, there is extra saltiness because we know that we are no longer relevant on a National stage. ESPN will not be watching our every move, and won’t show highlights unless we are ranked, or getting spanked by a ranked team. And days like today, it just feels like another ( albeit possibly very small) step in the wrong direction. Again.

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Reserving judgement for now. I’m a big XJ fan, but this is not a good look at all. 

And right after doing the cool classroom thing? I’d like to think the latter is a more true view of his character. 

I thought of all the goodwill he'd just built up with that visit and it pisses me off.  How do you explain these charges to a those young kids he was a hero to earlier this week?!!

That being said, I'm not going to immediately pass judgment without knowing the story.  That's just idiotic to me.  Like others said, running from a cop is resisting even if it's just done for a bit.

I'm not happy with X because it's stupid to get yourself in the news like this but I'm willing to hear the rest of the story.  At a minimum, it's incident #2 of bad judgment. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

CMW was suspended for pot use in his playing days at IU. RMK could have released him on the spot, but knew that it was an event in a young man’s life that was either going to make him, or break him. Knight knew the underlying character of a young Mike Woodson, chose to suspend him, and helped him grow into a responsible, productive person.

I am sure that life experience will guide CMW into making the best decision for the program, but more importantly for the young man. If X has the character we are looking for in a team leader, I think that the head coach will handle this appropriately.

Thank goodness some on here with the knee jerk reactions aren’t in a position to judge the situation 🙄

RMK did kick 2 or 3 others off the team for the same incident