Offseason 2022

Just now, mkaser said:

Not trying to "wad" up his life but if there is anyone who knows what a punishment is gonna be like its going to be someone within the program. In my eyes Woody is still trying to build his culture and I feel like he may think this would be a starting point with saying that he isn't gonna tolerate this stuff. 

I think it is more like XJ being scared poopless of the consequences because he actually does care, even though he did make a mistake last night. 

Him fearing for his spot on this roster and scared for the direction of his life as he sat in a jail is one of the reasons jail/prison are there to begin with. 

Obviously this is all my opinion. But I have been arrested before and told a cop/people in the jail the exact same thing he did. His response to this mistake is ultimately how he will be judged. 

• Like 7

So while I like understand and semi appreciate as to why Trace stood up for Lander I think this is a perfect example of why all the players should stay off social media besides making posts to earn NIL money and posts about the team.  Responding to trolls gets you nothing but more posts from trolls and even that post is really not that horrid compared to so many other posts out there.  Just stay away from social media and don’t respond to anyone or anything unless it’s a tweet from IU or someone paying you.  It’s just not worth it.

• Like 1

I stayed off when news broke. Here's my two cents. Really a non issue until we know all the facts. Reckless driving could be turning down a one way the wrong way, could be speeding....resisting arrest could be not pulling over for the officer fast enough according to him or her.

This is minor stuff.....unless something else comes out. By the way. Kids make mistakes. You comfort them you don't discard them.

Regarding Matta....good for him. Hope it works out for him. No doubt Coach has a person in mind already for the position.

Both things today are worth about 30 minutes on twitter and here. Statement of the program posts are tiring on little things like this.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

So while I like understand and semi appreciate as to why Trace stood up for Lander I think this is a perfect example of why all the players should stay off social media besides making posts to earn NIL money and posts about the team.  Responding to trolls gets you nothing but more posts from trolls and even that post is really not that horrid compared to so many other posts out there.  Just stay away from social media and don’t respond to anyone or anything unless it’s a tweet from IU or someone paying you.  It’s just not worth it.

You gonna tell a kid to stay off of social media these days?  Good luck with that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I stayed off when news broke. Here's my two cents. Really a non issue until we know all the facts. Reckless driving could be turning down a one way the wrong way, could be speeding....resisting arrest could be not pulling over for the officer fast enough according to him or her.

This is minor stuff.....unless something else comes out. By the way. Kids make mistakes. You comfort them you don't discard them.

Regarding Matta....good for him. Hope it works out for him. No doubt Coach has a person in mind already for the position.

Both things today are worth about 30 minutes on twitter and here. Statement of the program posts are tiring on little things like this.

90 on walnut, tried to evade police and then pulled over and tried to switch drivers. Stewart in the car as well.  Other passenger who switched with him charged as well. Being reported already. 

• Like 3

say whatever you want, but the news of the day is a giant kick in the pants.  say Matta is no big deal, but it's another loss of someone who had me more excited about the Woodson hire.  the talent loss of XJ would be big.  i know he isn't gone yet, but wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he is.  i don't want this kind of crap in the program.  make all the excuses you want for him.  dang, an entire board has been consumed with arguing with coach shep other than me and in a really strange way, it kind of makes him look right when you look at the chicago incident and now this.  yes, yes, i get it.  this has nothing to do with his play on the court, but maybe shep just knew he was this kind of kid?  i don't know, but this is not a good day for IU bball.  please tell me Reneau is coming to IU.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, IU_Realist said:

90 on walnut, tried to evade police and then pulled over and tried to switch drivers. Stewart in the car as well.  Other passenger who switched with him charged as well. Being reported already. 

Yep. I read Wish TV's account earlier. Is it dumb? Yes. Reckless? Sure....but again it's not a time to kick a kid to the curb. As I said earlier. You nurture a kid when they do dumb stuff....you don't kick him to the curb. 

I'll be fine with whatever Coach Woodson decides but this fan says plenty of extra running. Maybe some extra stuff (if he comes back) but not kicking him off for being dumb. 

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I read Wish TV's account earlier. Is it dumb? Yes. Reckless? Sure....but again it's not a time to kick a kid to the curb. As I said earlier. You nurture a kid when they do dumb stuff....you don't kick him to the curb. 

I'll be fine with whatever Coach Woodson decides but this fan says plenty of extra running. Maybe some extra stuff (if he comes back) but not kicking him off for being dumb. 

was he not part of the Windy City 5?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think fans are tired of the shit show IU basketball has become. X was part of the NW crew who all have transferred out and he says he has changed, etc. and then does this again. Then you add this to the whole Fife incident, Matta leaving, etc. I just think it’s that and the immaturity he continues to show. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

How many breaks do you allow a kid to have?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Like I said he is lucky it didn't end worse than it did. It could have ended like the LV WR who actually killed someone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hey Gang. I just see it differently. If Woodson says he needs to go I'm fine with it. I'm not kicking a kid off for his transgressions to date. Maybe a final warning this is it type of conversation but not yet. 

I of course believe in helping someone help themselves out of the way they manage their life instead of just saying leave. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Hey Gang. I just see it differently. If Woodson says he needs to go I'm fine with it. I'm not kicking a kid off for his transgressions to date. Maybe a final warning this is it type of conversation but not yet. 

I of course believe in helping someone help themselves out of the way they manage their life instead of just saying leave. 

I do think it’s fair to say that none of us know XJ. Coach knows him. Coach knows if he deserves a second (third) chance. Coach knows if he’s run out of chances. 

We’ve all had friends/peers/coworkers/etc. close enough to be a judge of the character. We don’t have that luxury with XJ. 

Speculation will get us nowhere regarding his future. 

I just feel frustrated that he made this decision. I was young and dumb once (arguably still dumb) and while I’ve gone 90+ Mph on an interstate, I’d NEVER do that on Walnut. It is beyond dangerous. 

• Like 3