Offseason 2022

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd say around 500%...amazing the number of kids that head to Bloomington expecting to take at least one hit while there. Part of the deal.

I don't know if she still is but Dakich sister was a prosecuting attorney for Monroe County I believe. Might work against us? Haha.

Oh absolutely. Hamilton Co and Monroe Co operate on money made from underage tickets, don't they?

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

IMO this isn’t severe enough to kick him off the team, but ultimately it’s up to Coach Woodson.

The other thing I will say is that we used to have a coach that repeatedly did much worse than this, yet nobody called for him to be fired because he was winning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hopefully this is discussed with XJs lawyer and prosecutor, hopefully the resisting is dropped... and the reckless is a diversion program. All of that is incredibly possible of happening. 

The element we don't know is... where XJ stood in regards to Woodson/priors. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

Hopefully this is discussed with XJs lawyer and prosecutor, hopefully the resisting is dropped... and the reckless is a diversion program. All of that is incredibly possible of happening. 

I completely understand the legal stuff.  The ramifications of how it will affect his IU basketball status is another "court."  

Just now, rico said:

I completely understand the legal stuff.  The ramifications of how it will affect his IU basketball status is another "court."  

Right. I was just saying... if that is in fact what happens in the courts, there is really no reason to kick him off. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, that’s the proper reaction to being arrested for anyone. I spent a couple of hours in a county lockup when I was 18 for underage drinking, and that was a lifetime's worth for me. It’s a hell of a lot different than just getting a citation. 

I know this might come as a surprise to everyone based on how prim and proper I act but during my sophomore year at Indiana I spent a weekend in the Brown County Jail. It was 2005 and they were still using black and white stripes. Anyway, I was a moron and being locked up for a weekend was exactly what I needed. It was as @Zlinedavid said "a lifetime's worth for me." I feel that my incarceration is the main reasons I'm one of the best HoosierSportsNation members to have ever lived. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have never been arrested or done anything that would warrant be put in jail.  I just don't see how it is so hard for kids to stay out of trouble and do the right things.

Scott, did you have a mom and dad that were involved in your life growing up? did they buy you things? teach you things? mentor you? tell you they loved you? made sure you had clothes and food? got you to dr appts? 

I have no idea if XJ had those things or not... but "how hard is it for kids to stay out of trouble" ... yeah there are about a ZILLION reasons for that. 

Come on man. You want him kicked off, ok. I think that is BS.. but it is your opinion. You are entitled to it. But, to me, coming on here and just being oblivious to why a HUMAN being makes a mistake is simply something I don't get. It's evident XJ needs guidance. He needed that before he got here and still does. 

And I know you will fire back with.. "playing at IU should be a privilege" and all that. And I get that, I do. Obviously XJ isn't. Either he needs one whale of a reminder, or he is kicked off. 

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Do they also get on your lawn.  Those dang kids and their inability to do stupid things.  GET OFF MY LAWN

See I know you are trying to insult me but I take it as a compliment.  I try to do the right things in life and do it and it really isn't hard at all.  You are on scholarship and playing college basketball you will be judge differently so you should no better and do stupid things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Scott, did you have a mom and dad that were involved in your life growing up? did they buy you things? teach you things? mentor you? tell you they loved you? made sure you had clothes and food? got you to dr appts? 

I have no idea if XJ had those things or not... but "how hard is it for kids to stay out of trouble" ... yeah there are about a ZILLION reasons for that. 

Come on man. You want him kicked off, ok. I think that is BS.. but it is your opinion. You are entitled to it. But, to me, coming on here and just being oblivious to why a HUMAN being makes a mistake is simply something I don't get. It's evident XJ needs guidance. He needed that before he got here and still does. 

And I know you will fire back with.. "playing at IU should be a privilege" and all that. And I get that, I do. Obviously XJ isn't. Either he needs one whale of a reminder, or he is kicked off. 

It sounds to me XJ came from a military family with both parents around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have never been arrested or done anything that would warrant be put in jail.  I just don't see how it is so hard for kids to stay out of trouble and do the right things.

Have spent more than one weekend in jail for stupid stuff. Have driven at insane speeds high out of my mind, and have actually totalled my motorcylce on the interstate (falling asleep while riding after a cocaine binge). Things can and do happen when you are young. Sometimes you want/need to test boundaries and see how far you can push things.

Doesn’t make it right, but kids and young people often don’t understand or know what the right things are. 

It can take time to be a reasonable, law abiding adult. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

We all can't be perfect Scott lol. I for one have gotten in trouble for a lot worse then what Xavier did, and you know what was the best thing that came out of it, my family and friends didn't turn their backs on me and kick me out of their lives.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess XJ hasn't lived in Indiana long enough to realize.. do your speeding on 465, young fella, literally you will be fine. lol 

Like JMV says that 69 south is Like the redneck Autobahn so if you need to speed go out there.  My drive to Evansville I think I went an hour without seeing another car.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kdug said:

IMO this isn’t severe enough to kick him off the team, but ultimately it’s up to Coach Woodson.

The other thing I will say is that we used to have a coach that repeatedly did much worse than this, yet nobody called for him to be fired because he was winning.

of course you are entitled to your opinion.