Offseason 2022

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

We all can't be perfect Scott lol. I for one have gotten in trouble for a lot worse then what Xavier did, and you know what the best thing that came out of it, my family and friends didn't turn their backs on me and kick me out of their lives.

If he was my family I wouldn't turn away from him but that is different than being a scholarship player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Like JMV says that 69 south is Le the redneck Autobahn so if you need to speed go out there.  My drive to Evansville I think I went an hour without seeing another car.

You can drive like 100 on 69 from Bloomington from Evansville, I have been told. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

We all can't be perfect Scott lol. I for one have gotten in trouble for a lot worse then what Xavier did, and you know what the best thing that came out of it, my family and friends didn't turn their backs on me and kick me out of their lives.

Yep. I like SCOTT haven’t done anything like this in my life. Got a ticket doing 28 in a 20 once driving through a college school zone in the summer when everything was basically out of session except summer classes(yes seriously). 

That said like you said Hoosier…I have had several friends and even some family make some much bigger mistakes….and I was glad to be there to stand by them to help them through their hard times. Whatever Woodys decision…I stand by it. He will know what is best for his program…make an example of him or discipline him and love him and bring him back into the fold. Either way it’s a big moment for XJ and the team…hope they all get how seriously fast all this stuff can go away and put their life in focus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

can't believe the people making excuses here.  90mph on that road is reckless driving without question.  i mean WTF?  at that time of the day?  resisting arrest?  trying to not be considered the driver?  i just don't get the excuses.  he isn't 18 years old.  he was part of the Windy City 5.  i just don't get it.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You can drive like 100 on 69 from Bloomington from Evansville, I have been told. 

I’ve driven that I-69 several times…and you aren’t lying….you won’t see a cop….but you probably won’t see the deer that will kill you either…so be careful!

• Like 1

Another thing we don't know is if the guys who got suspended if that was their first offense.  I think to get suspended it usually is at least your second time getting into trouble.  If that is the case Xavier and the other players might have gotten a slap on the hand for their first offense.  We know Parker was suspended for a half and that Duncomb missed a couple of games. Didn't Durr also missed a couple of games without any reason given.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

can't believe the people making excuses here.  90mph on that road is reckless driving without question.  i mean WTF?  at that time of the day?  resisting arrest?  trying to not be considered the driver?  i just don't get the excuses.  he isn't 18 years old.  he was part of the Windy City 5.  i just don't get it.  

Finally we agree on something LOL!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’ve driven that I-69 several times…and you aren’t lying….you won’t see a cop….but you probably won’t see the deer that will kill you either…so be careful!

I don't drive 100. 85, sure. The lack of cops aren't the reason I would drive over the speed limit though, the lack of other motorist would be the reason. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

...and i definitely have done a lot of bad things in my life.  also realize college kids do crazy things.  really though?  sorry, if you do this kind of stuff, you do deserve consequences.  

I think everyone has mentioned there should be consequences. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I also have a hard time believing 1. he was driving 90 on Walnut 2. a cop could/would even try to get his radar gun out quick enough to know how fast he was actually going. 

Undoubtedly he was speeding. 

That’s where the discrepancy of was it 140 or was it 90.  It probably was 140, but by the time Fife was able to get the radar on the vehicle, it was only going 90. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Another thing we don't know is if the guys who got suspended if that was their first offense.  I think to get suspended it usually is at least your second time getting into trouble.  If that is the case Xavier and the other players might have gotten a slap on the hand for their first offense.  We know Parker was suspended for a half and that Duncomb missed a couple of games. Didn't Durr also missed a couple of games without any reason given.

Right. But, again... that's simply something for the staff to weigh. 

• Like 1

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

thanks buddy!  missed that.

I said an ungodly amount of running and 1-2 games.. with the details we currently know. 

unknowns- where the charges go from here, XJs performance in the classroom/as a teammate in day to day activities, his response today and this week, and what the resisting actually stemmed from. 

jmo

If those things aren't "in order", yeah, he probably will be dismissed. 

• Like 1

All I’m saying is if you all had a family member who was killed by a driver speeding (I’ve had 2) one in a car and 1 on a sidewalk who was 7 years old and your little brother and he was hit by a driver going 50 in a 25, you may look at it a little bit more serious than just a “ whoops bad decision”.In this situation thank goodness nobody was hurt. 

Take out the basketball aspect and if that’s your family member who was potentially put it harms way, it’s serious to you then. Imagine your son or daughter is driving home and that car turns just a little bit the wrong way and hits them. There always potential for things to go wrong anytime you’re in a car, but definitely shows a severe lack of good decision making and disregard for anyone but himself. We’ve all made bad decisions, but just because he ain’t perfect and neither are we doesn’t mean it’s okay either.

In terms of being on the team I’ll leave that up to coach obviously, but I hope he learns his lesson regardless if he’s on the team or not and learns it isn’t all about X. If this was on somebody else’s team ya’ll would be all over him more than you are. 

My only post on the subject. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't drive 100. 85, sure. The lack of cops aren't the reason I would drive over the speed limit though, the lack of other motorist would be the reason. 

Yep it is almost you and the road. Very easy drive. I’ve definitely caught myself cutting an extra 15-20 mins off my drive by putting the pedal down a little harder. 

• Like 1