Offseason 2022

It gets tiresome having this constant drama around the program.  Just all the time.  Year after year.  Drama.

Just would be nice to have an offseason discussion that revolved around how far we are going in the tournament next year and how this player or that is going to get us there.  Coach drama.  Player drama.  Random made up admin position drama....

Indiana needs to get back to winning games instead of being this constant telenovela.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

If I was his Pop, first, he'd trade his car..

images.jpeg.b86d802de1cbc1e2d92b830bd597cbd7.jpeg

For this 

166326_2016_smart_Fortwo.jpg.485395663f49b932f9d9710f715f1335.jpg

Seriously, he needs to lose his license for a minimum 6 months, and I wouldn't argue if i was him if it was a full year.  What he did was stupid, irresponsible, and potentially put a lot of innocent people in danger.  Scott keep brining up Henry Ruggs, and it's a good comparison.   I hope our coaching staff uses that story as a learning point, not just for X, but for the whole team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It gets tiresome having this constant drama around the program.  Just all the time.  Year after year.  Drama.

Just would be nice to have an offseason discussion that revolved around how far we are going in the tournament next year and how this player or that is going to get us there.  Coach drama.  Player drama.  Random made up admin position drama....

Indiana needs to get back to winning games instead of being this constant telenovela.

Yep…be better If they just had fbi investigations and allegations and ncaa investigations….that way they could be like the other two winners NC and Kansas. It’s clear winning is all that matters…the noise is just that…noise. No one cares if their team is winning.

Really, what CMW chooses to do is moot at this point until the legal process works it’s way through the system. He may not even have a decision to make if the decision is made to prosecute X to the fullest. On the other hand, he may get no more than a slap on the wrist. If that happens, then Woodson will have to make a decision. 

Personally, unless this becomes much more serious than what we know now, removing X from the team seems too drastic. 

And, agree with @IUFLAin that what happened at Pitt is as irrelevant as what happened at your former jobs not impacting how you are treated on your current position 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Going back just to the basketball aspect, one has to be concerned about relying on XJ to lead the team next year. How much faith can the coaches have that he won’t do something stupid off the court that ultimately leads to a lengthy suspension or dismissal in the middle of the season 

He should not be a captain and coach needs to let him know why.  As far as who the captains are if TJD or Race do not come back, that's a good question.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Really, what CMW chooses to do is moot at this point until the legal process works it’s way through the system. He may not even have a decision to make if the decision is made to prosecute X to the fullest. On the other hand, he may get no more than a slap on the wrist. If that happens, then Woodson will have to make a decision. 

Personally, unless this becomes much more serious than what we know now, removing X from the team seems too drastic. 

And, agree with @IUFLAin that what happened at Pitt is as irrelevant as what happened at your former jobs not impacting how you are treated on your current position 

These will all be misdemeanors most likely so he will probably get probation or Pre-Trial diversion. Which amounts to staying out of trouble with a slap on the wrist.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Will TJD declare for the draft?  Will Race stay?  Will XJ get dismissed from the team?  Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of "HSN on the Bubble."

Edited by rico
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Personally I don't feel he should be kicked off the team but if that happens, at least we still have time to find a replacement. Could you imagine this happening right before the season started and him getting booted? Talk about a total meltdown on this board! And it's possible we could get lucky for once and find someone that is just as key of a contributor if not more so...maybe a better leader as well as someone who can put up points. 

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Will TJD declare for the draft?  Will Race stay?  Will XJ get dismissed from the team?  Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of "HSN on the Bubble."

A Forum on the Brink narrated by Devonte Green.

"And as I crossed half court I thought to myself 'why not try an ill-addvised alley-oop to James Blackmon' and that's when the HSN server first broke."

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I agree to a certain extent, but some of this drama is just overdramatized by fans. I think IU fans are so passionate that anytime anything happens, they take it very personally. Some older fans are very hypocritical (Knight era), some just feel burned by Sampson, but most are just frustrated with the inconsistency ie not winning enough. If they were winning and/or had a deeper team, I would bet most would just say "see you later X" and I don't think that's cool. Like the old saying, "you don't throw the baby out with bathwater". If Woody thinks it's best for the program to move on, do it, he and the staff know best imho. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

If Xavier is the leader of the team next year expect chaos.

I dont think anyone is promoting him for captain.  What is your position on whether he should be on the team?  And, if not, what do you see IU's options are?

And, if IU wins the Big Ten next season, will you be happy, or sad?

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

You got to be kidding me!!! For a speeding ticket!!! Ok I’m done here.

If nothing gets reduced its a felony and i know my company doesn't hire people with a felony and have fired employees in the past for being charge and found guilty of a felony offense.  Now i doubt this ends up staying a felony unless he really get a bad DA or judge and they want to make an example and keep it at that.  Very unlikely.   Will most likely be dropped down to misdemeanors and punished accordingly. 

Your response of "just a speeding ticket" is false at the current standings.  Its Felony EDIT [Resisting Law Enforcement] and EDIT [Reckless Driving] a misdemeanor, can't remember.  So more than a "Speeding ticket".

And even if charges are reduced, they won't be "Speeding ticket".   They will be reduce to some misdemeanor charge that has community service, time served and some sort of fine and probation.  He will probably never have an incident in Bloomington the rest of his career. 

Whether he is kicked off the team or is suspended for 1-5 of our cupcake games is up to CMW.  Whatever he does is fine by me, don't really care about the punishment.  He is a grown adult man who is going to have to live with whatever the consequences are.  He made these decisions while sober and as an adult.  Decision have consequences.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If XJ has done everything right up until this point with school, practice, the law…I would be shocked if he gets dismissed. I’m sure he will miss games and will pay in a much worse way then the court will probably do.

That said I don’t know. If he has some history he could be gone. 

I wonder if this was Trayce would people feel differently. Is it because XJ is more polarizing on the floor? Just hope if he does stay people don’t use this to criticize the guy on the floor every time he misses a shot or has a turnover because on the floor he was key to turning our season around and us making the tournament.

super confused.  can't we all agree that he was part of the Windy City 5?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Going back just to the basketball aspect, one has to be concerned about relying on XJ to lead the team next year. How much faith can the coaches have that he won’t do something stupid off the court that ultimately leads to a lengthy suspension or dismissal in the middle of the season 

Exactly! His decision making process isn’t very good! He came on at the end of the season , but got the one game suspension at a most awful time. He could have a good future, but he’s going to blow it!