Offseason 2022

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Even then, finding a place around B-town to open it up that much is challenging. You probably could around the bypass if you didn’t lift around every light and somehow caught every green. Which in my 2.5 years of living there, didn’t happen once. 

Early in my time at IU I had a Chevelle with a 454.  One day coming down the hill on 446 towards lake Monroe, I floored it, and tipped just over 105 as I went across the lake.  I got scared and backed out of it.  Those were fun times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Going 90 on Walnut is more than just reckless driving because the speed limit couldn't be more than 40 even if that.

Meh, forget the limit.. Early morning, no traffic, with the right car, any place on Walnut with 1 MAYBE 2 consecutive green lights, obtaining 90 for a short amount of time is pretty damn easy.. and it doesn't take a $200k car. I've had several trucks that could do it.

Keep in mind, being accused of driving 90, doesn't mean you did it for 70 miles... It's ONE point that you are measured at (radar), which actually could happen over a few yards of distance. 

Eff it, go do some community service X and get us to the E8 next year. Nothing to see here!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

I think fans are tired of the shit show IU basketball has become. X was part of the NW crew who all have transferred out and he says he has changed, etc. and then does this again. Then you add this to the whole Fife incident, Matta leaving, etc. I just think it’s that and the immaturity he continues to show. 

Can I firmly put you into the crowd of fans that want things done "The right way" ? We are Indiana, by god do it the right way. Right?

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He should definitely be gone but I'll be surprised if he is.  There's no way Woody can afford any regression next season and that will be hard without XJ.

I have never in my life seen anyone root against all aspects of a university the way you do.  Is it personal?  Did you apply and not get into IU?  Did you go to IU and have something traumatizing happen?  What is your story?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He just got lucky that more didn't happen because he could if killed himself or others.  First let me say I am not comparing the crimes at all.  I never understood having an attempted murder charge instead of just a murder charge.  Just because the person didn't die shouldn't make the charge any less.  In this case of reckless driving and going 90 in a 45 I don't think it should be just be swept under the rug because nobody got hurt.

So using your logic, he should be charged with murder, because he could've killed someone, even though he didn't?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Can I firmly put you into the crowd of fans that want things done "The right way" ? We are Indiana, by god do it the right way. Right?

I mean how many schools have a kid screw up twice and he doesn’t end up transferring or shown the door. It’s comical anymore. This whole off-season has been. If Woodson gets fired, it will all come back to moments like this and others that you will be complaining about later.  It’s fine to call them out for screwing up.  They get paid now, get an education, etc. I am a firm believer in getting a couple strikes but when you continue to show instances of the same thing…when do you cut bait? At some point you need to have a look in the mirror and realize what you are doing isn’t right. 

Edited by IU_Realist

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If he was my family I wouldn't turn away from him but that is different than being a scholarship player.

So we change our name. The Indiana Hurrying Scott Monks.

I'm getting a little tired of our Holy Virtue Signalling. We "hire" kids to play ball, not be a Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry experiment specimen within the IU "fan base". 

CMW, go do what you need to do, It's your job, not ours! We will be there to cheer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

There has been worse things that has happen than this in Bloomington. A suspension is warranted but not a dismissal.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Even with family members there is a breaking point when you have to just let go and let that person get the help needed.  I saw my aunt and uncle keep getting my two cousins out of trouble time after time because of alcohol and drugs but it never helped.  They kept drinking and eventually killed both of them.  One because of the liver damage and the other throwing up while passed out and he died.

But did they drive fast?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You know something that X should do?  And, it would be very hard.  Go back to that classroom of kids that he just met with last week, apologize to them, and talk to them about making good choices.  That's exactly the type of positive thing you can get out of a situation like this that you won't get if you simply kick him to the curb.

You know what X should do. Go to that class room and teach those kids, life is about making decisions. What are you willing to give up, to achieve what you want.

Do you want to drive 90 (140? haha) but agree to be arrested to do it?

Do you want to have moral superiority, but agree to resist all temptation to gain it?

Do you want to Get busy livin, or do you want to get bus diein. Up to you.

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

Early in my time at IU I had a Chevelle with a 454.  One day coming down the hill on 446 towards lake Monroe, I floored it, and tipped just over 105 as I went across the lake.  I got scared and backed out of it.  Those were fun times.

I got to 115 mph on a motorcycle on I 465 one night. Traffic comes up fast at that speed, and yes, I scared the hell out of myself. Never did that again. I was in my thirties and should of/did know better but did it anyway. The only thing that matters now is what X does going forward. I've seen growth in him and hope he gets the chance to continue to mature under the watchful eye of CMW.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Seriously @IU Scott, the "trouble" with Capel at Pitt is irrelevant. A lot of players don't see eye to eye with their coaches...

And I've never been in jail a day in my life either... But I'm not going to play holier than thou and be hardline on second, or even third chances...

I have plenty of friends, coworkers, and family members that have f'ed it up like Hogan's goat. The vast majority have made good on second or third chances. A few haven't. 

As you say, Coach Woodson will be the final arbiter on his status as a member of the team. 

And I'm good with that...

Just for anyone else who had to look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan's_Goat

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

My hot take, my decision on X as Woodson would almost be completely controlled by what TJD decides.  If he leaves, I would probably ask X to go, turn the ball over to the young guys and start the rebuild.  I don't think we do much without TJD anyway.

If TJD is staying, I give him another chance and make a push for a BIG title.

Wow, this was a NON team issue with X, and your hot take is to put the decision process on TJD's shoulders? Manopause hot flashes are a cruel bugger! 

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

I mean how many schools have a kid screw up twice and he doesn’t end up transferring or shown the door. It’s comical anymore. This whole off-season has been. If Woodson gets fired, it will all come back to moments like this and others that you will be complaining about later.  It’s fine to call them out for screwing up.  They get paid now, get an education, etc. I am a firm believer in getting a couple strikes but when you continue to show instances of the same thing…when do you cut bait? At some point you need to have a look in the mirror and realize what you are doing isn’t right. 

"screw up" #1 - team rule/ curfew, he did the crime and paid the fine. "Screw up" #2 - Nothing, not one ioda to do with any team thing and was totally outside of the season, on his own time. Drove to fast, POORLY attempted the bait and switch, WITH a willing accomplice (apparently). He is our Xavier, not our effing XSavior. 

OHH for those, "OMG he's lucky he didn't kill someone".. Well I went and flew my plane today, was cruising around 150mph. I'm just lucky the twin towers didn't pop up in front of me I guess. After all of these years, I somehow still find it remarkable of what this fan base can generate as fact and judgement, from zero facts and personal grievances. 

Tap out.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Ya'll need to Stop embellishing this to satisfy yourselves.

Shut up, i made a mistake.  Felony whatever was the point.  Not "Speeding Ticket".  FFS read the rest of my post and get over yourself. I give two sh"+ about whatever CMW does.  Kick him off, don't, i don't really care.

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Shut up, i made a mistake.  Felony whatever was the point.  Not "Speeding Ticket".  FFS read the rest of my post and get over yourself. I give two sh"+ about whatever CMW does.  Kick him off, don't, i don't really care.

After further reading, it isn't that you "made a mistake". The narrative changed, somehow, to a much more serious claim of resisting arrest by many. You just so happened to be the first I saw, but then found MANY are buying it hook line and sinker.

This has turned into a great example of the telephone game, and we all can see what everyone says... and it still gets effed up.

So, it wasn't personal sir.

• Like 3

Guys, let's all take a step back. For whatever reason we are getting worse.in worse around here with being able to disagree and debate in a non condescending or non confrontational manner.

I think it's over the top how quickly we are willing to discard young men. Some on here don't want anybody that can not be held to the highest of standards. Some on here are somewhere in between.

Guess what.....it is ok if somebody disagrees with you. 

• Like 4