Offseason 2022

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Interesting that you boiled it down to simply law breaking. Judgement calls in life exist well outside just the legal area.

I dated a girl who i knew was a Purdue fan in high school.  Her whole family was a Purdue fan.  She eventually went there, along with her brother and sister.  I feel this has somewhat tainted my glorious life of mediocrity .  What could i have accomplished without this blemish on my soul.  Forgive me.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

....Interesting post I found on a rival IU message board.....

"Some people who were there are saying another car with a gun was at a stoplight next to X's car, there were some words exchanged or something like that. I'm not sure this is solely a Mike Woodson decision,....this might be a Scott Dolson, President Whitten, and Woodson decision. We've had some football players make some really bad decisions lately, beating up girlfriend, having pot in the car, and running from the police, none of them were dismissed."

By the end of the day, X will be accused of microwaving kittens and being the Zodiac killer. :coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

The thing is with this happening outside of the season he can be punished without being suspended.  There is plenty of time and things coach and IU can ask him to do that will be a lot harder than just being suspended for a few games.  Suspension would be easy. Instead as so many have suggested let’s get him in front of kids and have him talk about what he did and why it was so dumb.  Have him earn his time back on the practice court and for games doing community service.  Have him meet with families that have lost loved ones in major accidents that could have been avoided.  So many harder things can be done here that should make XJ better for it.

I agree with most of this actually. I'm just pretty annoyed all the morally righteous people who blanketly accepted a suspension over a curfew are now finding ways to defend X and treat this as something to work through and fix.

You aren't doing that, of course. I'm not saying its you. But it feels like a lot of people were very happy with the precedent we set on breaking rules a couple months ago. Now that a felony is on the table and we could lose (and should lose, based on our own 'standards' we proudly demonstrated in the year) a key player for next year it seems like the righteousness has faded a little bit.

Almost like we should never pretend to have this morality about college sports in the first place.

Edited by Bushmage
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Did someone you know lose their job at home depot.  If so i am really sorry they did.  I feel like you have a very strong connection to home depot.  Do you get paid for every time you say home depot.  Does me saying Home Depot help you get paid for this.  If so i can say home depot a few more times in my post.  Home Depot :coffee:

Home Depot thinks that you should keep Home Depots name out ya F ing mouth got it. Is that Will or CMW or both not sure. If you did not hear me I will yell louder KEEP HOME DEPOT OUT YA F ING MOUTH!!!!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

He punched a police officer over the use of a gym, that was currently being used by the Brazilian national team. And if I remember right refused to return to Puerto Rico for the trial. It has been a long time so not sure about all of it. He broke the law and had other incidents, so I guess in the eyes of some on here he should have been fired way before he was. Also Mark Few probably should have been fired also shouldn't he?

Yes and Yes

For those wondering what DD is saying on his show (and let me preface I don't usually listen but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me...)

Says you have to weigh X's talent and what he brings to the team vs the problems.  Also said it's easier to kick someone off the team than to keep them and help them -- said he didn't know all of this history so didn't say one way or another if he thought X should stay or go but I thought he seems to lean more toward helping him and keeping him on team.  He did say he thinks IU has a chance to be a Big Ten favorite next year depending on who all ends up staying and going and that should factor in.  

If anyone else took something different away feel free to correct me.  I'm trying to work and listen which doesn't always go well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure what it was but there was something about her in a dirty kind of chick way that did it for me. Maybe it was just the voice. Saw them and Cranberries long time ago with a girl prior to all the PC stuff we wold have called a tree hugger. Nice enough girl good show

Patchouli takes you away to that special place.....

19 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

For those wondering what DD is saying on his show (and let me preface I don't usually listen but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me...)

Says you have to weigh X's talent and what he brings to the team vs the problems.  Also said it's easier to kick someone off the team than to keep them and help them -- said he didn't know all of this history so didn't say one way or another if he thought X should stay or go but I thought he seems to lean more toward helping him and keeping him on team.  He did say he thinks IU has a chance to be a Big Ten favorite next year depending on who all ends up staying and going and that should factor in.  

If anyone else took something different away feel free to correct me.  I'm trying to work and listen which doesn't always go well. 

I want to get out in front of this and say that I am not Dan Dakich....but that is basically my take.  If we have a chance to challenge for the BIG next year if he stays, then you take the risk.  If we don't, then you part ways.

All business now folks.  The star quarterback gets do overs until you cannot let him anymore.  The third string lineman gets sent packing.  Those are the breaks in the sports business.

• Like 1

Somebody please let me know when we’ve moved on to a different off-season topic. 🤣

XJ obviously has judgment issues from time to time. I don’t know the whole story. I’m assuming Woody does and I’ll trust Woody to be a role model / father figure and handle it appropriately. I will say that I hope his punishment is a true wake-up call seeing this isn’t his first transgression. And I’ll trust Woody on that. If he truly endangered lives with this act and doesn’t get booted he needs to consider himself lucky. I don’t know him as a person so I can’t comment on that at all. But I will say that one kind act of visiting a school doesn’t make him a great person, just as one poor decision doesn’t make him a bad person. I’m not sure what his life “scorecard” is, but I hope he starts making better decisions as we need him on this team. And I’m certainly okay giving him another chance because I’m worn out with IU acting holier than thou on everything. Nobody else cares about that, so maybe we need to loosen up a bit. Not win at all cost, but play the game everybody else does.

• Like 5