Offseason 2022

18 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

If we get a shooter or two or if a few players already on the team improves from the arc, with those two possibly returning I can easily see IU Top 15 to start the season. Which would make me do the happy dance lol.

Key phrase is “if we get a shooter or two”. Without an added, elite shooter we aren’t much better. And if we add two, somebody else has to go. Only have one free spot. 

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Key phrase is “if we get a shooter or two”. Without an added, elite shooter we aren’t much better. And if we add two, somebody else has to go. Only have one free spot. 

Even if we don't I think both Bates and Galloway will make big jumps in their game and shooting. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Leal improve and give the Hoosiers a shooter off the bench.

The Hoosiers being contenders in March all depends on the improvement of their younger guys like Bates, Galloway and Geronimo. I expect to see big jumps from those players.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I'd like to see us get a shooter with another scoring dimension to his game...at least a serviceable dribble drive game to keep defenders honest. 

Stewart was a shooter, but he couldn't get around defenders if they played up on him. All they had to do was stick close to him on the 3 line.

• Like 3

My thoughts are that if Race and Trayce comes back I see JG leaving.  So that would give us two open spots and both needs to be perimeter shooters.  I also think Banks will be a lot better than people are expecting him to be.  Also I wonder if Reneau would come if both of our big guys come back and JG leaves.

1- XJ/ ?

2- JHS/Galloway/Gunn

3- Bates/Kopp/Leal

4- Race/Banks

5- TJD/Duncomb

Edited by IU Scott
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Even if we don't I think both Bates and Galloway will make big jumps in their game and shooting. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Leal improve and give the Hoosiers a shooter off the bench.

The Hoosiers being contenders in March all depends on the improvement of their younger guys like Bates, Galloway and Geronimo. I expect to see big jumps from those players.

I also wouldn't discount JHS getting Rob's minutes.  I feel like JHS is going to play just as good of defense as Rob, but actually provide a consistent offensive game as well. Nothing flashy, but an important role.

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I hope you are 100% wrong on that.  IU will regret losing Geronimo who's likely on the cusp of blowing up.

I just don't see JG wanting to be s backup for another season and I don't see Race coming back to come off the bench.  Only thing is that JG really works on his perimeter skills and play on the wing

4 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I also wouldn't discount JHS getting Rob's minutes.  I feel like JHS is going to play just as good of defense as Rob, but actually provide a consistent offensive game as well. Nothing flashy, but an important role.

JHS will get his own minutes starter from day one!!