Offseason 2022

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm sure all of these scenarios were part of the negotiations and that the Cooks or whoever was in charge is comfortable with the deals and players they signed.  

Goes without saying. Thats why I said in my first post, imo they are coming back. As far as the post you quoted, if they dont it would appear pay for play which I have issues with. Earning the money off the court is what NIL is about, in theory.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

With what we know about XJ now.. and giving some of you a week to think about the facts of the story..   

Are some of you still kicking XJ off? 

I stick with my original intention. Play on X!

But, I could care less about running a ton, shooting a million shots or washing all of the practice balls with a tooth brush (I actually just thought that one up). This was not a team or basketball infraction. This was a young man growth opportunity (infraction).

I'm not punishing him, I'm giving him an opportunity to learn. He spends 2 hours talking to Landon Turner (if Landon would agree to it), and 8 hours of visiting traffic accident/ ER Trauma patients (not ER cold and sniffles BS). And If CMW is the grandfather/ mentor figure that I expect he is, Woody is also right by X's side during some of these visitation hours, sharing and discussing the experience. 

Log that time X, absorb what are real consequences, and then go lead us to the E8 next year ! You got this X!     

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Rumors circulating that Juwan Howard might take his slap act to the pros. 

I wonder if Michigan would go back to Beilein?  I am not saying the folks at Michigan think this way, but one school of thought is if someone bails on you once, you're not re-hiring the person.  There are some people that feel that way (I have seen it outside of sports).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wonder if Michigan would go back to Beilein?  I am not saying the folks at Michigan think this way, but one school of thought is if someone bails on you once, you're not re-hiring the person.  There are some people that feel that way (I have seen it outside of sports).

I would pass in Beilein because of his age and I think his comments would be used against him recruiting, but the guy didn’t just forget how to coach. He’s really good.

I always laugh at the corporate loyalty some people expect; it’s a job. People need to do what is best for them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would pass in Beilein because of his age and I think his comments would be used against him recruiting, but the guy didn’t just forget how to coach. He’s really good.

I always laugh at the corporate loyalty some people expect; it’s a job. People need to do what is best for them. 

Sooooooooo, they hire Crean!  LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I feel like their fans would be fine if he was a stopgap in a way, but obviously they need someone longer-term.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Doubtful because of his age but Xavier took back Sean Miller. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just going through the draft process. It was mentioned on BTBers that if he isn't top 33-35, he is coming back to IU.

That would make a lot of sense because that's about how far down a player can be picked, I think, and expect to get a guaranteed contract based on recent drafts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

We'll have you sending away for Motion Offense books and praying at the Altar of RMK in no time...😁

Well got bored tonight so watching the 1987 elite game against LSU. The motion offense was running like a fine tune engine. First half IU leads 47-46 and IU shot 65 percent.  Also no subs until under 3 minutes left in the half

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well got bored tonight so watching the 1987 elite game against LSU. The motion offense was running like a fine tune engine. First half IU leads 47-46 and IU shot 65 percent.  Also no subs until under 3 minutes left in the half

This is where I ask the lord for strength 🙏

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 2