Offseason 2022

5 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Saw a report of Jordan Hulls back in Bloomington with Anthony Leal working out and getting some shooting in. 

This is the kind of off-season stuff I love to discuss.  Jordan was a sniper.  Would love to see Leal step into that role.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Is he done playing and maybe starting his coaching career? Would love for him to be part of the program somehow. I feel like Mo and IU got cheated out of each other because of a dumb injury. 

Injuries. Mo couldn’t catch a break. 

IMO, he’s up there with Landon Turner in terms of the biggest “what if…”‘s in IU history. His performance against UK as a freshman was unreal. Teflon John had his first stacked (bought and paid for) recruiting classes, and Mo proved he was on that level that night. Wasn’t even a step behind….on that level. 

That said, I’d welcome him into the program into any role. That young man has more heart and dedication than 99.9% of the planet, and obviously loves the game. 2 knee injuries and a torn Achilles in 3 straight seasons would have been enough reason for most people to hang it up, but Mo went on to have a decent 5th year at GW and a respectable pro career. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Is now an okay time to revisit the staff disarray and turmoil that is hurting the program? :coffee:

Not taking that bait.

We have a nice class coming next year.  If we keep recruiting like this, it should translate to wins.  And that is what we all want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Is he done playing and maybe starting his coaching career? Would love for him to be part of the program somehow. I feel like Mo and IU got cheated out of each other because of a dumb injury. 

When I think of Creek, I always think about Syracuse and we will never know what he could have been.  But a big guard who can really shoot, that would have taken away about our only weakness in 2013.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Injuries. Mo couldn’t catch a break. 

IMO, he’s up there with Landon Turner in terms of the biggest “what if…”‘s in IU history. His performance against UK as a freshman was unreal. Teflon John had his first stacked (bought and paid for) recruiting classes, and Mo proved he was on that level that night. Wasn’t even a step behind….on that level. 

That said, I’d welcome him into the program into any role. That young man has more heart and dedication than 99.9% of the planet, and obviously loves the game. 2 knee injuries and a torn Achilles in 3 straight seasons would have been enough reason for most people to hang it up, but Mo went on to have a decent 5th year at GW and a respectable pro career. 

RMK always claimed that Glen Grunwald was the most talented player he ever recruited. Bad knees did him in before we ever got to see how good he was

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

RMK always claimed that Glen Grunwald was the most talented player he ever recruited. Bad knees did him in before we ever got to see how good he was

That’s almost mind blowing, given the guys RMK recruited. (May, Buckner, Benson, Zeke, Turner, Alford, Cheaney, Henderson, etc)

50 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

When I think of Creek, I always think about Syracuse and we will never know what he could have been.  But a big guard who can really shoot, that would have taken away about our only weakness in 2013.

Aaaaaand that one hurts…..oy. 

A big guard that could shoot AND could rip across the court and shred that zone. 

• Like 2

i am really pumped about Reneau.  makes it hard to believe TJD is coming back.  as someone mentioned before, no recruits ranked as high as Reneau or JHS have ever come to IU and not started.  seems Reneau would be assuming TJD is not back?  also hard to believe JG would stay with Race, Trayce, and Reneau?  Wow!  anyway, i am excited about Reneau and JHS.  still hoping for a XJ, JHS, Bates, Thompson, TJD or Reneau lineup.  am i missing updates on XJ's status anywhere?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Had a decent career as a NBA executive.  His bad knees weren't a problem in that capacity.   😊

• Haha 2