Offseason 2022

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Just when you think you can't like the kid anymore then you already do..... He drops a ranch on pizza bomb. Love it. 

He said Ranch and gave a shout out to Pizza X...I think he is coming back fellas.

(This is tongue in cheek...hopefully that is clear, it is that time of year)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I was curious so I looked up how many minutes we had without one of XJ, TJD, or Race on the floor. It was 127 minutes. That's 3.6 minutes per game, and is almost certainly inflated by blowouts. With all 5 starters out, it was only 80 minutes where none were on the floor (2.3 mins per game). The mass substitutions is way overblown, and in reality just didn't happen to the degree many think it did.

This might be the post of the year!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

I was curious so I looked up how many minutes we had without one of XJ, TJD, or Race on the floor. It was 127 minutes. That's 3.6 minutes per game, and is almost certainly inflated by blowouts. With all 5 starters out, it was only 80 minutes where none were on the floor (2.3 mins per game). The mass substitutions is way overblown, and in reality just didn't happen to the degree many think it did.

2.3 mins a game does NOT determine outcomes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Trendon’s college coach isn’t in the photo. Must have had a deposition to appear at or something. 

Tom Crean may only be an above average D1 coach, but he really is a first class human being. 

I’d love if he came back for a game this year. It’s been 10 years since the first Big Ten title he won, maybe we can do something to honor that team and bring him back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I’d love if he came back for a game this year. It’s been 10 years since the first Big Ten title he won, maybe we can do something to honor that team and bring him back. 

Sweet baby Jesus….it HAS been 10 years. I wouldn’t be opposed to that at all. Might have to finagle it around a Heat/Pacers game to get Vic in town, but I’m sure that could be arranged. 

I think enough time (and subsequent coaches) has passed to where Crean would get a very warm welcome. 

• Like 3

Anyone else getting a little worried TJD is staying in the draft? A lot of people feel Dennis is coming which would mean we have no available scholarships. Only 6 days for someone to decide to transfer or sit a whole year…

Selfishly want him to come back but also objectively don’t get leaving college. He’s not going to be a first round pick, could make a lot of $ being the face of the most anticipated IU squad since since maybe the 2012/2016 teams, and has a legit team to contend for a conference title and maybe a national title. Seems a little odd to walk away once IU is finally in a good place 

Edited by Hoosierdave

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone else getting a little worried TJD is staying in the draft? A lot of people feel Dennis is coming which would mean we have no available scholarships. Only 6 days for someone to decide to transfer or sit a whole year…

Selfishly want him to come back but also objectively don’t get leaving college. He’s not going to be a first round pick, could make a lot of $ being the face of the most anticipated IU squad since since maybe the 2012/2016 teams, and has a legit team to contend for a conference title and maybe a national title. Seems a little odd to walk away once IU is finally in a good place 

Not worried at all. Also, pretty sure the deadline coming up is to enter the portal, not to leave it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Maybe get Men’s Wearhouse to sponsor Crean. God love the man, but you make millions per year….you can afford to have those suits tailored! 

He got better towards the end of his tenure with his wardrobe.

I always laughed at Archie's massive leap in style from Year 1 onward - he had the old baggy suits that looked 10 years old in year 1 then after that he always had nice, tailored clothes.

Woody rocks that old man, portly cut. #respect.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

He got better towards the end of his tenure with his wardrobe.

I always laughed at Archie's massive leap in style from Year 1 onward - he had the old baggy suits that looked 10 years old in year 1 then after that he always had nice, tailored clothes.

Woody rocks that old man, portly cut. #respect.

Pretty sure Crean couldn't stand still long enough from all the Diet Coke caffeine for the tailor to get accurate measurements. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Pretty sure Crean couldn't stand still long enough from all the Diet Coke caffeine for the tailor to get accurate measurements. 

Ha he definitely got his steps in on the sideline.

In all seriousness, I love looking at Crean's twitter now that he is tweeting again. It's like a love fest for his former players - I wish every college and high school coach invested in their players the way Tom Crean does. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Not worried at all. Also, pretty sure the deadline coming up is to enter the portal, not to leave it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

I believe you're correct, but I think the point was no one on our team is in it, so there's no room for Dennis and not much time to make room.

• Like 1