Offseason 2022

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not really. Could be a few weeks.

Ahhhhhh.

I thought that May 1st was the deadline for transfers to declare where they are going. If I'm now understanding it correctly, the deadline is for players to grant a transfer from their existing school without penalty. 

Well, it will at least tell us that our roster is set, with the exception of TJD (and his potential replacement). I don't imagine Woody will be pushing anybody out after the May 1st deadline.  

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Ahhhhhh.

I thought that May 1st was the deadline for transfers to declare where they are going. If I'm now understanding it correctly, the deadline is for players to grant a transfer from their existing school without penalty. 

Well, it will at least tell us that our roster is set, with the exception of TJD (and his potential replacement). I don't imagine Woody will be pushing anybody out after the May 1st deadline.  

Is that for grad transfers too? 

38 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Ahhhhhh.

No, May 1st is just the deadline to enter the portal and be eligible for next year without a waiver. They don't have to have a destination decided by then. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

I agree.  But all I was saying is if IU does it after May 1 and a player is told to leave after May 1, IU mishandled it and would be huge aholes if the player has to sit out a year.  

I'd be really surprised if a player was caught unexpectedly like that here.  I think Woody's sense of fairness is above that,  but soon we will know...

2 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

You would hope and yes we will find out.  

We actually most likely won't find out. Even if a player transfers after the 5/1 date we won't know what really happened.  We'll have posters make assumptions as if they know and complain that IU did something wrong, but that's all it will be, assumptioms and message board fodder. 

We won't know how it actually went down. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don’t have any knowledge on this, so I could be way off, but just to throw names out there and guess…Watford? Moye? Just trying to think of guys who could be in the know as far as AAU programs and workout with high level players, which would make sense to have for recruiting. Obviously other Hoosiers out there that could be good I’m not thinking of..

Edited by IUrocker
Auto correct spelling
  • Like 1