Offseason 2022

Just now, BGleas said:

How would it be Zeller? He's a current NBA player. 

Gut feeling he's on his way out of the league. He's hardly cracking rotation's at this point. I could see him hanging it up sooner rather than later so that's why I stuck his name on there. 

Moye really is an excellent choice for that position. High level recruits are going to love him and he already has tons of experience coaching and developing high level athletes. Plus since he bleeds cream and crimson, that passion we all know and love is really gonna shine through and make him even more valuable to us. I’m pumped. 

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Gut feeling he's on his way out of the league. He's hardly cracking rotation's at this point. I could see him hanging it up sooner rather than later so that's why I stuck his name on there. 

Gotcha. The few Blazers games I watched earlier in the season he was in the rotation and playing well. I hadn't realized that he fractured his patella and was waived by the Blazers after their deadline deal. 

He was always going to be out the rest of the season. He's still a player with value, but I wasn't aware of that injury. 

I was listening to an interview with Walsh and the recruiting coordinator is not an easy job. Walsh compared it to a entry level sales job, to which you are tasked with cold calls. I'm not sure a guy like Zeller is going to want to do that after making millions in the NBA. The position demands somebody who is hungry and has an excellent work ethic. They need to love what they do. And on top of that you need somebody with an infectious personality that can build relationships. 

This is definitely more than a 'title' for a legacy of the IU program. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

True, but he'd be a great ambassador to have on staff when he does retire  

Depends on what you mean as "ambassador on staff"?

Recruiting Coordinator isn't an ambassador position, it's an actual real job. 

Would it be great to have Zeller present around the program after he retires? Absolutely! But, I doubt he'd be good at or have any really interest in an entry level position that is all about grinding the recruiting scene. 

• Like 2