Offseason 2022

I just hope it's a person with training, skills, and proven success in the field.

I've hired and trained a lot of sales reps.

Give me a trained person with no contacts or name recognition any day, over a recognized name with no proven sales skills. 

The first type will outperform the second type every single time, and it's not even close.

I've seen dozens of well-liked popular people try to make it in sales.  They're shocked when things don't go their way.  Then they don't know what to do.  Ultimately, such people fail and blame it on the client or the product, when the real problem was their own lack of skill. 

• Like 1

For those not very familiar with the role of a recruiting coordinator (like me), I found this article interesting:

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/12/why-tom-izzo-hired-michigan-states-first-recruiting-coordinator-this-season.html

It's several years old, and talks about Michigan State's decision to add this new position to their staff, and what the job entails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe they are giving the job to Leal and take him off scholarship to open up a roster spot.

I'll give you points for creativity on that one.  It kind of sums up all the stupid theories we've discussed on Leal over the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I don’t often get inside info (which is to say, pretty much never) but I do have a solid source on this and just talked with him, it will be Jordy in this recruiting coordinator role. Stakes are low here since it’s not a recruit so I don’t feel the risk of being skewered if wrong but 99.9% take it to the bank on Hulls returning

Jordy shot 44% from three for his career, and started 121 games.  Almost 2:1 assists to turnovers.  86% free throws.

Let the man teach shooting.

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I don’t often get inside info (which is to say, pretty much never) but I do have a solid source on this and just talked with him, it will be Jordy in this recruiting coordinator role. Stakes are low here since it’s not a recruit so I don’t feel the risk of being skewered if wrong but 99.9% take it to the bank on Hulls returning

My source is willing to take it 💯 great info my guy!

• Like 3

heard something very surprising from a very good source Friday.  said TJD does not set a good example of work ethic.  want to say that i am a big TJD fan.  this person said that someone very close to the program said his example in practice under CAM hurt the team.  don't know if that is still true under Woodson.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

heard something very surprising from a very good source Friday.  said TJD does not set a good example of work ethic.  want to say that i am a big TJD fan.  this person said that someone very close to the program said his example in practice under CAM hurt the team.  don't know if that is still true under Woodson.  

I really like TJD but this doesn't surprise me much if true. He had the same weaknesses in his hand he had as a freshman. On message boards there is often talk of who are the gym rats and TJD has never been rumored to be one. That said, this is also the first time I've seen a rumor that says that he doesn't/didn't work hard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I really like TJD but this doesn't surprise me much if true. He had the same weaknesses in his hand he had as a freshman. On message boards there is often talk of who are the gym rats and TJD has never been rumored to be one. That said, this is also the first time I've seen a rumor that says that he doesn't/didn't work hard.

same.  it does make things tough if your best guy isn't a hard worker though.