Offseason 2022

35 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Combining beer with a cramped indoor setting in the winter with slick roads and plenty of children (including my own) present while sharing butt cheek and elbow space with your neighbors. Yay

You sound like a blast

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So you mean I don't have to pound the last 1 hour at Nick's anymore because I can just buy a couple at the game? Awesome.

Assembly Hall and beer. Good Lord the noise coming...

Correct lol 

Or not have to sneak in a pocket full of shooters. Or so I have been told, some do that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am probably the only one not in favor of serving alcohol in AH.  I don't drink and hate sitting near Drunk people who won't shut their mouths.  One good thing going to the NCAA tournament was that they didny serve alcohol and was able to enjoy the games.

There are idiots, sober, at every sporting event. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Combining beer with a cramped indoor setting in the winter with slick roads and plenty of children (including my own) present while sharing butt cheek and elbow space with your neighbors. Yay

You wouldn’t be Brisco Darling would you? …“More power to ya!”  Lol

Personal thought on corporate scheduling. : r/Lowes

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just seems like I get a stupid drunk sitting  next to me most of the team I hope to games.  I don't understand how alcohol makes watching games more enjoyable

Idk how it doesn't. 

We should just ban idiots. The alcohol is irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Idk how it doesn't. 

We should just ban idiots. The alcohol is irrelevant. 

I would say most of the incidents of violence we see at games are due to people drinking to much and not just idiots.  I would bet the people who heckle the players at court side does it because of alcohol and bet they wouldn't say that sober.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would say most of the incidents of violence we see at games are due to people drinking to much and not just idiots.  I would bet the people who heckle the players at court side does it because of alcohol and bet they wouldn't say that sober.

Yeah, if you get into a fight at a sporting event... you're an idiot well before your BAC level comes into play. 

Heckling starting with alcohol? doubt it. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Does this mean anything? 

Could mean a few things. But another update is that Jonathan Givony was listing all the combine player measurements on his Twitter and did not list TJD. 

In some cases it could mean a player has gotten a promise and isn't participating. Wouldn't think that is the case for a guy like TJD though. 

• Like 3

Just now, BGleas said:

Could mean a few things. But another update is that Jonathan Givony was listing all the combine player measurements on his Twitter and did not list TJD. 

In some cases it could mean a player has gotten a promise and isn't participating. Wouldn't think that is the case for a guy like TJD though. 

Measurement thing is interesting for sure. Maybe he didn't get measured because he is already back in Bloomington! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Is that elective on the player's part or was he not chosen to participate.

And, how can they not have enough jerseys with numbers?  Does the NBA need to start a GoFundMe page?

It is elective, but I don't think TJD is in a position to opt out of the scrimmages if he's serious about staying in the draft. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am probably the only one not in favor of serving alcohol in AH.  I don't drink and hate sitting near Drunk people who won't shut their mouths.  One good thing going to the NCAA tournament was that they didny serve alcohol and was able to enjoy the games.

You're one of the freedom lovers, eh? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just seems like I get a stupid drunk sitting  next to me most of the team I hope to games.  I don't understand how alcohol makes watching games more enjoyable

Maybe they are drinking so much because they got tired of hearing about how much better the game was in the 80s....:coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The most likely scenarios are 1) he got a 1st round promise, 2) he pulling out of the draft or 3) he has some type of injury preventing him from participating. 

I'd lean toward 2 or 3, can't imagine he already has a promise, especially given where he's projected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The most likely scenarios are 1) he got a 1st round promise, 2) he pulling out of the draft or 3) he has some type of injury preventing him from participating. 

I'd lean toward 2 or 3, can't imagine he already has a promise, especially given where he's projected. 

I wouldn't think so either but if Kirk Haston and DJ White can get a 1st round promise so can TJD.