Offseason 2022

I can’t imagine alcohol will be that big of an issue for basketball games.

Students show up drunk at football games because they are tailgating before. Most students have class before basketball games. 

I can’t imagine that the beers will be under $10 which will be another major deterrent for students. There will be very few willing to fork out the cash to get wasted at the games.

Also, the basketball games are short. They’re not like long baseball games. Unless your dedicated, most spectators aren’t going to throw back more than 3 tall boys….especially if they have to drive home. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think, given our warm up pants, the university should form a partnership with Red Stripe. Would be a great NIL opportunity as well.

Serving beer at the games is fine. Hope there are plans in the work to add facilities to SSAH soon. The bathroom lines are already an issue.

They really should get Upland to create a Crimson and Cream Ale. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Maybe they are drinking so much because they got tired of hearing about how much better the game was in the 80s....:coffee:

The basketball was so good back then we didn't have to drink to enjoy it.  Since the play is worse they might need to serve alcohol to get through the games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh man. What an idea!!! Cream Ales are near the top for me! 

I like cream ales as well, but I don't understand the mystique surrounding Spotted Cow. First of all screw Wisconsin. Second of all, Sunlight by Sun King is way easier to get and is way better, IMO. 

Edited by tdhoosier

I'm truly not overly convinced there will be THAT much more alcohol consumed there then ever lol

.. it just won't be in hard alcohol form. You know, when you go the troph and there are 4 or 5 shooters sitting on the top, yeah.  

@IU Scott I solemnly swear to not be anymore annoying at games this year, than I ever was. 🤣

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I like cream ales as well, but I don't understand the mystique surrounding Spotted Cow. First of all screw Wisconsin. Second of all, Sunlight by Sun King is way easier to get and is way better, IMO. 

If you like IPA's, if you ever get a chance to try King Sue or Suedo Sue by Toppling Goliath you should.  Great beers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If you like IPA's, if you ever get a chance to try King Sue or Suedo Sue by Toppling Goliath you should.  Great beers.

I was just going to ask you about Toppling Goliath. Haha. The Double Dry Hopped version of King Sue (when I can find it) is one of my absolute favorites. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I was just going to ask you about Toppling Goliath. Haha. The Double Dry Hopped version of King Sue (when I can find it) is one of my absolute favorites. 

Hell yeah.  Its is my favorite of theirs and King Sue is the first IPA i ever drank that i liked and it pulled me into the world of IPA in general now.  TG is a great company with great beer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just seems like I get a stupid drunk sitting  next to me most of the team I hope to games.  I don't understand how alcohol makes watching games more enjoyable

So you repeatedly have a jerk setting next to you at games. Do you notice this happening at any other group activities? On public transit? company meetings? Family reunions? Dinner at home?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1