Offseason 2022

4 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Not even a little bit!

One of my neighbors had a 5:30 class, which of course, cut into drankin’ time if it was a 7PM tip off. So to expedite consumption by volume, he has the brilliant idea to make a liquor bong. It was literally a 1/10th scale beer bong. Held about three shots at once. 

You can already see where this is headed. We had about a 10 minute walk to AH, so by the time we get there, 9 shots worth of Jim Beam are hitting him. Me and a buddy literally had to drag him down the full length of the AH stairs. Thank god we weren’t in the balcony. 

After that, the liquor bong was retired, because it could be lethal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

One of my neighbors had a 5:30 class, which of course, cut into drankin’ time if it was a 7PM tip off. So to expedite consumption by volume, he has the brilliant idea to make a liquor bong. It was literally a 1/10th scale beer bong. Held about three shots at once. 

You can already see where this is headed. We had about a 10 minute walk to AH, so by the time we get there, 9 shots worth of Jim Beam are hitting him. Me and a buddy literally had to drag him down the full length of the AH stairs. Thank god we weren’t in the balcony. 

After that, the liquor bong was retired, because it could be lethal. 

love it.  we would just skip that very inconvenient class.

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had to take human physiology twice because my first year, lab was at 6 pm and i wound up skipping so much I was failing and had to drop the class   

i like your priorities.  i got stuck with a 8am on Fridays once and quickly figured out that would not be okay.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had to take human physiology twice because my first year, lab was at 6 pm and i wound up skipping so much I was failing and had to drop the class   

I always have dreams that i'm still in school and skipping a class so much that I forgot I was taking it - until the day before the final exam. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I always have dreams that i'm still in school and skipping a class so much that I forgot I was taking it - until the day before the final exam. 

I went through a stage a few years ago where i would always dream about being back in college and going to classes and never knowing what was going on since i neve did the homework or projects.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I went through a stage a few years ago where i would always dream about being back in college and going to classes and never knowing what was going on since i neve did the homework or projects.  

this and also getting lost.  apparently in my dreams it is pre-cell phones, etc.  i am trying to find a class and then give up and decide to not attend all semester until exams are upon me and then i'm screwed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this and also getting lost.  apparently in my dreams it is pre-cell phones, etc.  i am trying to find a class and then give up and decide to not attend all semester until exams are upon me and then i'm screwed.  

Same.  Its been awhile since i had these dreams but man i would wake up and have the feeling for days that i was forgetting to do something. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Similar for me.   In mine, I am taking a class and there was a discussion section with quizzes every week and I literally never went.  The other variation is I have finals and I am a complete blank on all the subjects and need to cram.

Presumably, we all get these dreams when we feel like we have too much work to do?

• Like 2

I think it was pretty clear by our lack of being interested in too many guys in the portal we---

1- believed TJD was coming back the whole time. 95% sure he was always coming back

2- believed TB was going to be taking a big jump 

We basically only recruited 2 or 3 guys in the portal. 🤷‍♂️... developing our own was always the best way to continue to build our foundation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think it was pretty clear by our lack of being interested in too many guys in the portal we---

1- believed TJD was coming back the whole time. 95% sure he was always coming back

2- believed TB was going to be taking a big jump 

We basically only recruited 2 or 3 guys in the portal. 🤷‍♂️... developing our own was always the best way to continue to build our foundation. 

I just hope some freshman are what we hope and our own players make some jump in scoring.  I think we're good on defense and can always get better, but we have for years lacked shooters/scorers.  If X, TB, JHS, TG, and JG can make add say 10% to their shooting percentages, it would be huge.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just hope some freshman are what we hope and our own players make some jump in scoring.  I think we're good on defense and can always get better, but we have for years lacked shooters/scorers.  If X, TB, JHS, TG, and JG can make add say 10% to their shooting percentages, it would be huge.

X be shooting 48% from 3 at that point! Sign me up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am not talking 3pt%, shooting percent across the board.  We have to many guys who are in the 30% range for 2s.  Would love to see them in the 40s.  Also i would love to see X at 48% from 3 myself LOL

I would hope most guys can shoot close to 50 percent from 2 especially the big guys.

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Does everyone have this dream...?

I swear...I'm in my 50's and recently had the same stupid dream...😂...I couldn't even find the classroom when I looked.

• Like 3