Offseason 2022

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Compared to when we don't? It sure seems to me that err'body gets up for our name, while we haven't earned the history for a while. 

No doubt it seems that way.  All I'm saying is that IU will likely get that effort X2 next season as the early favorite.

• Like 1

I like this a lot!  Only 3 returning players who were 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team B1G and IU has 2 additional who were HM and Mich and PU have 0.  

Of the 17 players who were named first, second or third All-Big Ten team for the 2021-22 season by the coaches or media, only three are returning to the league next season: Hunter Dickinson, Michigan Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana Zach Edey, Purdue

All Big Ten honorable mention players who are returning (or may return in the case of one player): Xavier Johnson, IU Race Thompson, IU Jamison Battle, Minnesota Pete Nance, Northwestern Caleb McConnell, Rutgers Paul Mulcahy, Rutgers Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I like this a lot!  Only 3 returning players who were 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team B1G and IU has 2 additional who were HM and Mich and PU have 0.  

Of the 17 players who were named first, second or third All-Big Ten team for the 2021-22 season by the coaches or media, only three are returning to the league next season: Hunter Dickinson, Michigan Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana Zach Edey, Purdue

All Big Ten honorable mention players who are returning (or may return in the case of one player): Xavier Johnson, IU Race Thompson, IU Jamison Battle, Minnesota Pete Nance, Northwestern Caleb McConnell, Rutgers Paul Mulcahy, Rutgers Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin

Is Nance returning to Northwestern?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Meyer, Coleman, and Nance can coexist? 

No clue. You'll have to ask our resident lurker. Based on history I've seen from the coaching staff over there the answer is no. I do hand it to Underwood though. He's got the natives convinced he's really good. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

Meyer, Coleman, and Nance can coexist? 

Mayer is a 3 who can guard 2-4. Hawkins is a 4 that can also play some 5 in a small lineup. Nance is similar but a little bigger than Hawkins. There's 40 minutes available at the 4/5, split with those guys and Dain Dainja wouldn't be a problem. Illinois will probably add another big whether it's Nance or someone else. Neither Hawkins or Dainja is someone who's going to be able to guard guys like Dickinson or Edey.

Still seems to be a lot of optimism that Illinois gets Nance but I think he heads elsewhere. Hopefully not Michigan.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Pretty much, they will be selling IU jerseys with player’s name on the back or any other type of personalized apparel 

So it say "shirseys" which I'm guessing is a tee-shirt with the IU logo and a player's number on the front and the name and number on the back...

This is very smart...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yea..That is what I thought, hopefully they end up selling actual jerseys 

Maybe trying to protect the sanctity of IU's nameless jersey?

To be honest, if they put the names on the backs next year, it wouldn't bother me...

And before the "it's the name on the front" crowd starts in, it's a new day and age. If our kids can get a percentage of the money off a jersey with their name on the back, good for them... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe trying to protect the sanctity of IU's nameless jersey?

To be honest, if they put the names on the backs next year, it wouldn't bother me...

And before the "it's the name on the front" crowd starts in, it's a new day and age. If our kids can get a percentage of the money off a jersey with their name on the back, good for them... 

Yeah, I've been there for awhile.  Names on jerseys are no big deal and it makes it easier for announcers not familiar with the team to call the game.

Names on jerseys would be a total non-event for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I've been there for awhile.  Names on jerseys are no big deal and it makes it easier for announcers not familiar with the team to call the game.

Names on jerseys would be a total non-event for me.

Most announcers learn players by their numbers and not the name.  I would think it is harder to see the names than the numbers.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most announcers learn players by their numbers and not the name.  I would think it is harder to see the names than the numbers.

I would expect that from announcers who regularly cover a team and I get that the numbers are bigger than letters of a last name, but it's an entirely different story for doing play by play on visiting teams, especially of you are only seeing them for the first time.  Being close to a gentleman who has announced for years, I can tell you that he's affirmed it's a PITA to keep looking down at your roster sheet until you get accustomed to a visiting team during the course of a game.

• Thanks 1