Offseason 2022

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

IU at 33-1 oddsย  to win it all which is #12.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/where-iu-basketball-stands-in-the-2023-national-title-odds/

I feel like Michigan is really overrated. They lost a lot from a team that barely made the NCAAT last year and didn't add as much as they lost.

I feel like Michigan, Illinois and Purdue are all overrated, and Michigan State, Iowa, and maybe Maryland and Rutgers are underrated...

ย 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I feel like Michigan, Illinois and Purdue are all overrated, and Michigan State, Iowa, and maybe Maryland and Rutgers are underrated...

ย 

I agree on Purdue since they won't have great guard play. Not having many players for those positions also means an injury could be devastating to them. They still have a good front court of Edey, Furst, and Kaufman. But they did lose a lot and didn't really add much in the offseason.

Illinois I'm a bit more uncertain about. They lost a lot but also brought in some good talent. The loss of Cockburn is probably too much for Underwood to overcome. He didn't really do much at UofI before him so they may revert back to that. It seems it could go either way for them. I'm hoping the start to suck again, I really dislike that school.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I agree on Purdue since they won't have great guard play. Not having many players for those positions also means an injury could be devastating to them. They still have a good front court of Edey, Furst, and Kaufman. But they did lose a lot and didn't really add much in the offseason.

Illinois I'm a bit more uncertain about. They lost a lot but also brought in some good talent. The loss of Cockburn is probably too much for Underwood to overcome. He didn't really do much at UofI before him so they may revert back to that. It seems it could go either way for them. I'm hoping the start to suck again, I really dislike that school.

I liked @The Daily Hoosier's take on Illinois. I think they lost even more than Purdue. Shannon and Mayer are nice pickups, but between them, Melendez, and Hawkins, can they generate enough offense?

And can Skyy Clark be an efficient point guard?Chucky Hepburn played the point for Wisconsin as a freshman last year, and they finished at the top of the conference, but he had a better team around him...ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Purdue is probably overrated but by the end of the year they will be pretty good. Whether out of necessity or not Braden Smith is going to be a 4 yr starter at PG, and will be way more than just solid. Front court will be good and you know they will play hard and defensively will be good.

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Purdue is probably overrated but by the end of the year they will be pretty good. Whether out of necessity or not Braden Smith is going to be a 4 yr starter at PG, and will be way more than just solid. Front court will be good and you know they will play hard and defensively will be good.

You're higher on Smith than I am. He's listed at 5'10", 165 lb which means he's probably more like 5'9", maybe even 5'8". He's the type of player that might be good his junior or senior year but I wouldn't expect much from him this year or next.ย 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really good take. They have a lot of nice pieces and Painter is usually pretty good at making them fit. The defense took a step back last year and I don't think the chemistry was all that good. Painter seems to coach better without a superstar on the team.

22 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

You're higher on Smith than I am. He's listed at 5'10", 165 lb which means he's probably more like 5'9", maybe even 5'8". He's the type of player that might be good his junior or senior year but I wouldn't expect much from him this year or next.ย 

I don't see a problem

image.thumb.png.48a3a67decd381cc2b3b5b11dc366e36.png

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Lucky to win 5 gamesโ€ฆ.

no 5 starsย 

no 5th year startersย 

no NIL ๐Ÿ’ฐ too buy playersย 

Purdue just has a bunch of guys who want to play for MP & be boilermakers. ย 

PS I love every recruit IU has coming in but if you think Braden Smith is Todd Penn(letโ€™s see how many remember him) you have never seen him playย