Offseason 2022

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ah, so I'm only half a day behind. 

Still, we aren't laughing at this half as much as we should be.

Don't forget, Purdue was literally the only team that wanted to keep the crossroads going despite having the worst record.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

A lot of people still think the weight room is designed for NFL LBers. Nonsense. 

You can do what you need in the weightroom in 30-45 minutes.  Some guys look jacked some don't. I've known some pretty strong guys that looked like normal dudes. 

Pretty easy to tell when discussion on weight training comes up who has experience and who doesn't. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Then show that kind of stuff over wight lifting which to me isn't as important to producing great basketball players.  Two of the best players in Durant and Curry bodies don't look jacked up and that hasn't kept them from being great.

Are you sure about that?

KD.jpg

16043989345fa12f565bc7e.webp

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Are we not going to talk about the "event" that Purdue organized to replace the crossroads classic?

They're bringing in powerhouses Ball State, Davidson, and Illinois State for the inaugural Indy Classic Basketball Showcase.

🚽 🥱  🏀 

If I got free tickets I wouldn’t go 

Wonder why Purdue does try to go back and have the Wooden tradition like they to.  When I worked for the state, my boss was a PU fan and we went to the Wooden a couple of times.  One year they beat #1 Arizona and the other year lost to Stanford.  The other game always had two other top teams.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Obvious these kinds of things haven't prevented I juries from happening in the past.  I keep hearing how much better shape today's athletes are but why are injuries a lot higher today than in the past 

Would you like me to start pointing out your grammar/spelling errors like you seem to like doing to me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

Are we not going to talk about the "event" that Purdue organized to replace the crossroads classic?

They're bringing in powerhouses Ball State, Davidson, and Illinois State for the inaugural Indy Classic Basketball Showcase.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the teams in it in the coming years are higher-quality tbh. More to come but that’s what we’re hearing on our end. 

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder why Purdue does try to go back and have the Wooden tradition like they to.  When I worked for the state, my boss was a PU fan and we went to the Wooden a couple of times.  One year they beat #1 Arizona and the other year lost to Stanford.  The other game always had two other top teams.

From what we’ve heard, that’s what it sounds like it’s moving toward. The field next year should look quite a bit different. 

52 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I feel ya. If I were I Purdue fan I'd be pretty disappointed with this.

Purdue would have been better off finding another power conference team to have a home and home series.

I think this (for this year at least) was mainly set up to be a Loyer versus Loyer matchup. Teams aren’t locked in like they were for Crossroads Classic. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Don't forget, Purdue was literally the only team that wanted to keep the crossroads going despite having the worst record.

We could say the we told you so route but what does it matter. We carried the water for that thing. Everyone knew it. Just glad we moved on so we can get more national exposure like we have on the docket.

If I'm Painter though I'm trying like crazy to get an obvious upgrade asap. Purdue (if they are who think they are) should be embarrassed...even with the Loyer stuff which I don't buy. 

• Like 1

I'll help a little...

2051843314_laughspit.gif.38bbbd00f01050920c14c15506ffdcaf.gif

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We could say the we told you so route but what does it matter. We carried the water for that thing. Everyone knew it. Just glad we moved on so we can get more national exposure like we have on the docket.

If I'm Painter though I'm trying like crazy to get an obvious upgrade asap. Purdue (if they are who think they are) should be embarrassed...even with the Loyer stuff which I don't buy. 

Why should we be embarrassed? It’s one game and it’ll be different next year. What’s not to buy re the Loyer stuff? Painter has scheduled games in the past for certain players/previous coaches close to their hometown/circumstantial ones like this/etc. 

We’ll have plenty of good matchups in the PK85 tournament. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why should we be embarrassed? It’s one game and it’ll be different next year. What’s not to buy re the Loyer stuff? Painter has scheduled games in the past for certain players/previous coaches close to their hometown/circumstantial ones like this/etc. 

Just as a matter of principle you should be embarrassed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why not just...not schedule this thing this coming season if you're going to have better teams the following seasons?

There's absolutely no silver lining for this move.

Regardless of internal discussions, the optics are Purdue decided they're gonna host their own crossroads classic and went out and brought in...Illinois State.

29 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Why not just...not schedule this thing this coming season if you're going to have better teams the following seasons?

There's absolutely no silver lining for this move.

Regardless of internal discussions, the optics are Purdue decided they're gonna host their own crossroads classic and went out and brought in...Illinois State.

Those are fair questions/points and I’m not sure what all went into it.  Plenty of questions that I’ll never know the answers to. But in the grand scheme of things, I’m not worried about it. Things will work themselves out. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure why any IU fan would question any other schools non conference schedule. Saying IU has had a cupcake non conf schedule for quite some time is an understatement.  

I am all for finding reasons to make fun of PU but this argument a little weak

• Thanks 1