Offseason 2022

Remember guys, the IU Twitter feed has to be manned by a complete neophite. Whoever it is doesn't have the access or "authority" or skills, or permission to post what many of us would like to see. There must be a severe filter imposed by someone on what can and cannot be posted. (and probably for good reason, but I think it's been restricted too much IMO)

With the Cuban media center, the SID, and countless others, there should be a steady stream of clips, PR's, status updates. But there aren't. 

I seriously doubt if the IU Twitter guy is in the weight room taking all those clips to post. I suspect he's getting them from one of the players, or CM's staff.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

Back to the best place to play a college basketball game, according Bill Self it's Indiana...

Courtesy of our guy @The Daily Hoosier 

“The best home court that I’ve ever been to was Indiana,” Self said.  I said, ‘Hey, just sit back and relax and just take it all in because we ain’t changing it today.’ And to me, that’s the loudest. I mean you couldn’t talk. Indiana was the best.”

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure why any IU fan would question any other schools non conference schedule. Saying IU has had a cupcake non conf schedule for quite some time is an understatement.  

I am all for finding reasons to make fun of PU but this argument a little weak

There is never a bad reason to make fun of Turdue.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Back to the best place to play a college basketball game, according Bill Self it's Indiana...

Courtesy of our guy @The Daily Hoosier 

“The best home court that I’ve ever been to was Indiana,” Self said.  I said, ‘Hey, just sit back and relax and just take it all in because we ain’t changing it today.’ And to me, that’s the loudest. I mean you couldn’t talk. Indiana was the best.”

I'm diving into the memory bank here but I think it was an early Sunday start too with Gus and Rafferty on the call. Nice of Self to say....because as we all know no place is louder. Several other programs have their moments but nobody is louder when the Hoosiers are good and firing on all cylinders like that day.

Side note...it didn't come out to later but Coverdale's Mom was suffering from Alzheimer's (might have been early on) but he was pointing up to the crowd a few times. Rafferty mentioned him having some juice that day....I think he kept pointing up because he wasn't sure if his Mom was going to remember that ever again.

Someone can correct me on those details but I think it's pretty close. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

We recently passed the University of Chicago for total Big Ten Championships……suck it Maroons!

so….uh…anyway 

You do a great job of being a visitor.  Frankly, all three of the Turdue fans I can think of that interact here really do a pretty good job of navigating enemy territory.  I'd about guarantee you all do better than I would on GBI!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You do a great job of being a visitor.  Frankly, all three of the Turdue fans I can think of that interact here really do a pretty good job of navigating enemy territory.  I'd about guarantee you all do better than I would on GBI!

At least with BTN 💰 Purdue was forced into spending money 

purdue athletics overall is a joke….3 NC 🏆 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I will say as a Purdue fan the "like" you got from milehi fan brings back good memories I have of milehiiu, not sure if that was exactly his name but I enjoyed his post. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Any write up that tries to display losing Parker Stewart as a bad thing, completely loses validity. 

Tired of hearing about shooting. 

You too?  All I hear about is how bad the 3 point shooting is. 

15 more made threes would put IU almost top 50 last season. Seems statistically irrelevant.

• Like 3

We are all friends here.  We’ve got a core of posters that’s been here for years and years. There is one truth to this board as reliable as anything.  It wouldn’t be a summer without a hotly contested debate on weight training.  Sand pits.  Lifting.  This year it’s a pool video.   Lol.   If it didn’t happen, I’d be worried about the health of the board.  

I think I say this every year.  I’m glad there’s something going on with the board even in June and July!  For us to even have active threads now is awesome.  Honestly that’s probably all the IU Twitter is thinking about.  Giving us a tad bit of content even if it’s meaningless.   Not a whole heck of a lot to think about right now.

But as a board, we have a rhythm to find something to talk about 12 months a year.  Cheers to everyone for that.  I think it’s a good thing.  Better than a dead board over the summer.  IMO.  

• Like 7

On 6/28/2022 at 5:54 PM, rogue3542 said:

Are we not going to talk about the "event" that Purdue organized to replace the crossroads classic?

They're bringing in powerhouses Ball State, Davidson, and Illinois State for the inaugural Indy Classic Basketball Showcase.

Brad Davidson?  By himself???  Not sure he can beat Purdue by himself, but maybe if Tyra plays there'd be a better chance.....just sayin.

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We are all friends here.  We’ve got a core of posters that’s been here for years and years. There is one truth to this board as reliable as anything.  It wouldn’t be a summer without a hotly contested debate on weight training.  Sand pits.  Lifting.  This year it’s a pool video.   Lol.   If it didn’t happen, I’d be worried about the health of the board.  

I think I say this every year.  I’m glad there’s something going on with the board even in June and July!  For us to even have active threads now is awesome.  Honestly that’s probably all the IU Twitter is thinking about.  Giving us a tad bit of content even if it’s meaningless.   Not a whole heck of a lot to think about right now.

But as a board, we have a rhythm to find something to talk about 12 months a year.  Cheers to everyone for that.  I think it’s a good thing.  Better than a dead board over the summer.  IMO.  

Remember the year we debated those mask things that supposedly made it the same as training in high altitude?

That was a doozy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1