Offseason 2022

I was visiting my mom in the hospital today, and we were watching reruns of women’s basketball on BTN. She’s 88 and still loves to watch anything sports - watched a little of Wimbledon too. Watching the women amazes me how well they shoot from the FT line and from 3. If only our men could shoot that well we might be unbeatable this year. Hopefully, having Hulls around this year will result in some major improvement in that area. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Can I hijack this thread and re-engage off-Season need Numero Uno: Make a dedicated student section as close to the floor in AH as possible.

Have we talked about this before?

I don't think we've talked about this enough.

Let's talk about this some more.

I honestly don't care about the alumni (me)... put the students where they should be. No student tix in the balcony. I'm with you. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I honestly don't care about the alumni (me)... put the students where they should be. No student tix in the balcony. I'm with you. 

I've said for years make the first 10-15 rows of the main level and behind the baskets students only but it's first come first serve.  Show up early or sit in the balcony. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely.  I have thought this forever.  How do other schools do it?  Duke can do it and they have half the capacity we do.  I hate to say it, but you could probably make it up with season tix costs.  There is a waiting list.  Don't be shy about raising prices for premium seats.  There are a ship ton of expensive seats.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 10:17 PM, rogue3542 said:

Why not just...not schedule this thing this coming season if you're going to have better teams the following seasons?

There's absolutely no silver lining for this move.

Regardless of internal discussions, the optics are Purdue decided they're gonna host their own crossroads classic and went out and brought in...Illinois State.

Might be some contractual obligations? I know when Illinois was hosting games at the United Center they had to bring in some weaker teams towards the end as power conference teams didn't want to play without a return game. Even played UIC one season to kill 2 birds with 1 stone as they were also obligated to play the Flames each year during that stretch. 

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Nebraska

Great read as always...This is a mystery team to me. They have some nice pieces back in Wilcher, Walker, and Trey McGowans, but I'm not sure they got much in recruiting. The portal might have been good for them. Former 4 star Juwan Gary might be a kid to watch...Good on the drive and the midrange, but his 3 point shooting is bad (20% last year at Alabama). Sam Griesel might be a good pickup too.

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Nebraska

Great read as always...This is a mystery team to me. They have some nice pieces back in Wilcher, Walker, and Trey McGowans, but I'm not sure they got much in recruiting. The portal might have been good for them. Former 4 star Juwan Gary might be a kid to watch...Good on the drive and the midrange, but his 3 point shooting is bad (20% last year at Alabama). Sam Griesel might be a good pickup too.

McGowan isn't back, I thought both left