Offseason 2022

19 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Curious what you guys think of NBA potential of incoming freshman?

If you’re talking about our incoming Freshman (because who else who you be talking about? 😎) it is an interesting question.

I think this could be an important class because these 5 star guys are not considered one and done. I see Reneau staying 3 to 4 years - he’s a guy that will need to prove himself in the NBA (if he gets that shot) because from what I understand, he may be passed over due to his lack of elite athleticism. I think JHS may have a shot of getting drafted after year 2. I hope to see JHS as a Deron Williams type of player: a physically strong, pass first guard. Will he be able to score consistently though? 

But who knows….Banks and Gunn may be a diamonds in the rough or they might not get playing time and transfer. All fan bases want to believe their Freshman will make a huge impact before even seeing them play a college game. 

Of those 4, who is most likely to get multiple contracts in the NBA? If I was a betting man I’d say JHS and then CJ Gunn (admittedly wishful thinking). But I know nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Coach K had a falling out with RMK...Bilas is a Coach K lickspittle...Mystery solved...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

If you’re talking about our incoming Freshman (because who else who you be talking about? 😎) it is an interesting question.

I think this could be an important class because these 5 star guys are not considered one and done. I see Reneau staying 3 to 4 years - he’s a guy that will need to prove himself in the NBA (if he gets that shot) because from what I understand, he may be passed over due to his lack of elite athleticism. I think JHS may have a shot of getting drafted after year 2. I hope to see JHS as a Deron Williams type of player: a physically strong, pass first guard. Will he be able to score consistently though? 

But who knows….Banks and Gunn may be a diamonds in the rough or they might not get playing time and transfer. All fan bases want to believe their Freshman will make a huge impact before even seeing them play a college game. 

Of those 4, who is most likely to get multiple contracts in the NBA? If I was a betting man I’d say JHS and then CJ Gunn (admittedly wishful thinking). But I know nothing. 

I almost posted JHS reminds me of Deron Williams….never blows you away with athleticism but just gets it done.  
Reneau….reminds me of TW50…great hands & feet….rebounding & passing without elite athleticism.  3-4 year player with All Big Ten level production 

Gunn has size, length & shooting that nba scouts love….

Banks is my pick.  He flashes serious athleticism, length & shooting 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

A duke alum picks Duke's crackerbox as the best arena in the land...

shocked-face.jpg.02d8f8c18d64d157db71953f311bb26a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It’s interesting he mentioned Wrigley and Fenway because that’s exactly what I had in mind when thinking about Cameron Indoor and Allen Fieldhouse. A couple of historic venues that get a little overrated for being old and unique.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

IU isn't the place it used to be to play.  Give it a couple more years and we'll be back to one of the toughest places to play in the country

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

IU isn't the place it used to be to play.  Give it a couple more years and we'll be back to one of the toughest places to play in the country

If we beat UNC, it will get back the aura in a big hurry.

@The Daily Hoosier has some summer interviews up for our off season enjoyment...

First CJ Gunn 

Second Kaleb Banks 

Good listens...

BTW, I post them as links rather than embedding the video so Mike's site will get the hits. He provides so much great, FREE content I feel like the least we can do is help support him... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

@The Daily Hoosier has some summer interviews up for our off season enjoyment...

First CJ Gunn 

Second Kaleb Banks 

Good listens...

BTW, I post them as links rather than embedding the video so Mike's site will get the hits. He provides so much great, FREE content I feel like the least we can do is help support him... 

I really appreciate that.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

18 hours ago, DWB said:

If we beat UNC, it will get back the aura in a big hurry.

Unfortunately, a win over UNC won't be nearly enough. In 2016, IU beat then No. 3 UNC in the B1G/ACC challenge in AH. That season, the Hoosiers finished 18-16, losing four games in AH (including to NEB) and Crean was fired. They also had a neutral court win over Kansas that year. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Unfortunately, a win over UNC won't be nearly enough. In 2016, IU beat then No. 3 UNC in the B1G/ACC challenge in AH. That season, the Hoosiers finished 18-16, losing four games in AH (including to NEB) and Crean was fired. They also had a neutral court win over Kansas that year. 

Losing OG killed that team. In those out of conference game Blackmon and Bryant played huge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Losing OG killed that team. In those out of conference game Blackmon and Bryant played huge

No doubt. Just saying one win over UNC won’t return AH to the home court advantage it once was. As IHF said it will probably take a couple seasons to send the message to fans, opposing teams and possibly most importantly, referees. We need to get to Kohl’s Center level where it’s a shock to win there

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 11:01 AM, IUFLA said:

Coach K had a falling out with RMK...Bilas is a Coach K lickspittle...Mystery solved...

One of these days I'll have to go find out who it is but Bilas firm (Moore and Van Allen) in Charlotte has either an IU Law School presence or some of the partners are IU men/women. He made a comment one time about it on Twitter so I've always thought he jams IU in these things for his coworkers....haha.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Gonna nitpick one part.of the article.

CJ. has not gained 13 pounds of muscle, just now way. Maybe 13 pounds overall....but it is nearly impossible to add 13 pounds of pure muscle that quickly with a syringe in the hip.  🤣

It does sound like Coach Cliff is really doing a great job. I can see why Coach Woodson kept him around during the transition.

Another good take by @The Daily Hoosier, this time on Northwestern  

I think he's spot on again with this one. Boo Buie and Chase Audige both run hot and cold. No real consistency. Losing Nance really hurt them. The guy I think will take big strides this year is Julian Roper. The kid can play...

Be interesting to see if Barnhizer takes on a more significant role... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Another good take by @The Daily Hoosier, this time on Northwestern  

I think he's spot on again with this one. Boo Buie and Chase Audige both run hot and cold. No real consistency. Losing Nance really hurt them. The guy I think will take big strides this year is Julian Roper. The kid can play...

Be interesting to see if Barnhizer takes on a more significant role... 

I liked that last paragraph and it shows how fast time goes by.

Where did all those good feels from 2017 go?  Collins has gone from the darling of college basketball, leading Northwestern to their first ever NCAA Tournament appearance, to a clear hot seat.  They’ve finished below .500 all five seasons since the tourney trip, and Northwestern has finished above .500 in Big Ten play just once under Collins.  Let’s face it, Collins is coaching for his job this year, and his performance on the recruiting trail suggests the outside world has already given up on him.  The roster is starting to resemble a pre-Collins talent level with no help in sight.

• Like 4