Offseason 2022

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Penn St... 

They've got some nice pieces coming back. Seth Lundy can play, and I think Dallion Johnson has the potential to be a star in the Big 10...

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsberry's second year goes. I think unless the transfer portal guys are better than expected, PSU finishes in the bottom half of the league. 

Edited by IUFLA

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Penn St... 

They've got some nice pieces coming back. Seth Lundy can play, and I think Dallion Johnson has the potential to be a star in the Big 10...

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsberry's second year goes. I think unless the transfer portal guys are better than expected, PSU finishes in the bottom half of the league. 

Harrar was THE team and only big man 

This year will be tough but Shrewsbury will get it going.

IU frontcourt checks in at #4 in this 247 article on top 20 frontcourts in college basketball...4 other Big 10 teams (Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Rutgers) made the list as well. 

Surprising because the author, Issac Trotter, is an unabashed Illinois lapdog. Also shocked that he didn't even have the Illini as honorable mention, yet he picked Illinois to win the conference championship. With a freshman heavy backcourt... 🤨

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

That's a really good interview.  I scrolled back up and saw that Pete DiPrimio wrote it and wasn't surprised.  I remember reading his stuff in a northern Indiana newspaper (Ft. Wayne maybe?) and he was a good writer then as well.  I was expecting maybe a student-written piece and hadn't realized that IU had hired Pete.

Good article and good hire.  TDH-level writing there.

Edited by FKIM01
unfortunate typo

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's a really good interview.  I scrolled back up and saw that Pete DiPrimio wrote it and wasn't surprised.  I remember reading his stiff in a northern Indiana newspaper (Ft. Wayne maybe?) and he was a good writer then as well.  I was expecting maybe a student-written piece and hadn't realized that IU had hired Pete.

I like that he is holding his own vs Race and TJD. No idea if that is really the case but encouraging if it is.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's a really good interview.  I scrolled back up and saw that Pete DiPrimio wrote it and wasn't surprised.  I remember reading his stiff in a northern Indiana newspaper (Ft. Wayne maybe?) and he was a good writer then as well.  I was expecting maybe a student-written piece and hadn't realized that IU had hired Pete.

Yes, Pete wrote for the Ft. Wayne News Sentinel until the paper was shut down 

37 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I like that he is holding his own vs Race and TJD. No idea if that is really the case but encouraging if it is.

It's easy to believe. He comes in with a college ready body and a lot of skill. He spent the last 2 seasons practicing and playing against other high level D1 talent. There is some adjustment, which he talks about, but not as much as for a lot of other players.

I really think he's going to have a real impact on the team as a 20-25 mpg guy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yes. Journal Gazette in the morning,  News Sentinel in the afternoon. Memorized national champions, Heisman trophy winners, and baseball stats leaders for years because of those sports sections. Great memories. 

I remember, fondly, anticipating the "Area HS Basketball Rankings" while I was a player for Whitko.  My 'Cats were always looking up at Warsaw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I remember, fondly, anticipating the "Area HS Basketball Rankings" while I was a player for Whitko.  My 'Cats were always looking up at Warsaw.

Basketball and football previews and stats. Loved it. I still don't like Whitko and Steve Nicodemus because you beat my New Haven Bulldogs on a last second shot in Regionals. Heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Basketball and football previews and stats. Loved it. I still don't like Whitko and Steve Nicodemus because you beat my New Haven Bulldogs on a last second shot in Regionals. Heartbreaking.

Baby Nic didn't beat ya.....Chad Ousley did.  Go Cats Go!  LOL

Our family got both the Journal and the Sentinel. I carried both until I turned 16 and got a “real” job at Rogers grocery store.

The Sentinel always had the West Coast scores that came in too late to meet the Journal’s publishing deadline. Used to have the full box scores of every MLB  game, but also covered every Little League/Pony League etc game.

Miss the glory days of great newspaper reporting 

• Like 4