Offseason 2022

37 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Small poolside update came through this morning. Hope you all are having a great summer.

Per conversation, JHS is the best guard on the team and it’s not even close.

Malik Reneau is better than Race all over the board. Kaleb Banks also.

Talk about Bates was good as well.

My take after that info, this is Woodsons deal to screw up. This is one of the better assembled teams as IU has had in a long time. As long as he puts the best 5 on the floor no matter their age/year, the trajectory is up. Otherwise, future recruiting will suffer.

Was this conversation with someone that would see practices to know these things first hand or is this second hand and/or just opinion/guesses?

With the size and athleticism of JHS, Geronimo, Banks, we really have added another dimension to this team. Will be interesting to see if we ever see those three together with Bates and TJD. I see that group as one that could match the talent we will see from NC and other top tier teams. 

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

With the size and athleticism of JHS, Geronimo, Banks, we really have added another dimension to this team. Will be interesting to see if we ever see those three together with Bates and TJD. I see that group as one that could match the talent we will see from NC and other top tier teams. 

I am sure its all going to come down to can they defend at a d1 level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

Small poolside update came through this morning. Hope you all are having a great summer.

My take after that info, this is Woodsons deal to screw up. This is one of the better assembled teams as IU has had in a long time. As long as he puts the best 5 on the floor no matter their age/year, the trajectory is up. Otherwise, future recruiting will suffer.

I think it moved  

image.gif.0fb3589452328d3f13c4e197190b634e.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Inequality said:

Reneau and JHS don't surprise me at all.  As much as I am old school, I think it is extremely old fashioned to think Woodson will hold freshmen back if they are better than upper classmen.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Reneau and JHS don't surprise me at all.  As much as I am old school, I think it is extremely old fashioned to think Woodson will hold freshmen back if they are better than upper classmen.  

Agreed, esp since this class is all Woody's. His recruits, his style, his players. I'll be shocked if he starts all upper classmen.

5 hours ago, Inequality said:

No offense at all, but I’ve heard similar stories like this over the years. I will believe it when I see it. Hope your contact is right!

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 5

I sometimes read articles on other Big 10 teams, like this one on Illinois  just to see what's going on with teams...

I get amused when I see things like this... 

"However, this roster is looking less like a traditional Big Ten roster and more like the new-age position-less basketball that’s been taking the college and pro ranks by storm in recent years. 

That should position them well to exploit the defensive limitations of top Big Ten big men Trayce Jackson-Davis, Hunter Dickinson, and Zach Edey and effectively counter high energy, versatile defensive teams like Houston."

Uh, it makes me wonder if this guy (another Illinois fawner) has seen Trayce play defense against anyone but Kofi Cockburn. Trayce is a good defender on the perimeter... Much better and much more athletic than Edey or Dickinson.

Trayce didn't make the Big 10 all defensive team simply for bucking down low with one dimensional big stiffs... 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I sometimes read articles on other Big 10 teams, like this one on Illinois  just to see what's going on with teams...

"However, this roster is looking less like a traditional Big Ten roster and more like the new-age position-less basketball that’s been taking the college and pro ranks by storm in recent years. 

That should position them well to exploit the defensive limitations of top Big Ten big men Trayce Jackson-Davis, Hunter Dickinson, and Zach Edey and effectively counter high energy, versatile defensive teams like Houston."

Uh, it makes me wonder if this guy (another Illinois fawner) has seen Trayce play defense against anyone but Kofi Cockburn. Trayce is a good defender on the perimeter... Much better and much more athletic than Edey or Dickinson.

Trayce didn't make the Big 10 all defensive team simply for bucking down low with one dimensional big stiffs... 

I wonder if Goode will transfer after this upcoming season?

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What are TJD’s limitations?

besides not being 7’ & 285 too battle the true monsters like Edey & Dick ?

who does Illinois have to guard TJD & Reneau in the post?

16 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Agreed. He got knocked for that last year, but who was he supposed to play besides those guys? 

• Like 2