Offseason 2022

10 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

But shooting...

Go to about the 7:15 mark of the video and you'll see the return of The Gun shot machine.  We don't get to see it in action but apparently Kopp, at least, is using it. I don't like that he had to pull it out of hiding and I haven't seen anyone post about using it since Mo Creek.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Go to about the 7:15 mark of the video and you'll see the return of The Gun shot machine.  We don't get to see it in action but apparently Kopp, at least, is using it. I don't like that he had to pull it out of hiding and I haven't seen anyone post about using it since Mo Creek.

I know they're working on shooting. Mine was a tongue in check response about a handful of posters who complain about every Marshall post saying that working on shooting is more important. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

I know they're working on shooting. Mine was a tongue in check response about a handful of posters who complain about every Marshall post saying that working on shooting is more important. 

I know it was. When Kopp said "ya'll don't need to see any of that" I just thought a few people DO need to see players  working on shooting and a lot more people would probably like to see it as most fans are starved for any type of IU b ball content.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So this is what it's like to be a Hoosier basketball fan in the offseason when the fan base is fairly content.

Kind of boring if you ask me.

Start a "Is Mike Woodson on the H🔥t Seat" thread...

Those seem to get things jumpin'

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Reacher said:

Thanks to the @The Daily Hoosier for this-

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-summer-qa-with-iu-basketball-sophomore-guard-tamar-bates/

Looks like Tamar is bigger stronger and more motivated. I would have liked to get his impressions of the newcomers. 

man, i still think he is possibly the biggest key for just how good we will be.  just because i am counting on TJD, Race, XJ, and JHS.  i am counting on Geronimo and Galloway being solid in their roles.  i am excited about the icing on the cake that Reneau will give us.  what we get out of Bates and i guess in a way from Kopp are what i'm interested in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

man, i still think he is possibly the biggest key for just how good we will be.  just because i am counting on TJD, Race, XJ, and JHS.  i am counting on Geronimo and Galloway being solid in their roles.  i am excited about the icing on the cake that Reneau will give us.  what we get out of Bates and i guess in a way from Kopp are what i'm interested in.

well said and that will be the difference from good to REALLY GOOD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Yes, how well this team will perform at the wing positions is the biggest question mark.

Kopp we already know what we'll get. Same with Galloway.

Bates has a ton of potential and hopefully he'll meet that this upcoming season.

Geronimo is trying to transition to the wing or to at least be able to sometimes play there. Will he be successful in that? If so, how long will it take?

Can Gunn or Banks make significant contributions this season? I have my doubts, especially about Gunn, but we'll see.