Offseason 2022

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Meh.  

Expanding the field just dilutes the tournament more.  There is usually only 1 or maybe 2 midmajors worth a darn in the tournament in a given year.  For every 12 or 13 seed that goes on a run, there are about 10 other teams that are nothing but gun fodder.  And really what the SEC wants is for a team that went 8-10 in the league to get a chance to get hot for a few games.  One team going on a run every couple years from that group is not worth it IMO...in a single game format, I like having the cut off.

Those small schools making runs in the tournament is what makes it so special.  Without those teams I feel it will hurt the tournament enjoyment.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those small schools making runs in the tournament is what makes it so special.  Without those teams I feel it will hurt the tournament enjoyment.

He isn’t talking about expanding the tournament so more small schools can get in.  He wants more spots for big schools.  At least that’s the way I read it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

He isn’t talking about expanding the tournament so more small schools can get in.  He wants more spots for big schools.  At least that’s the way I read it.

I am not for expanding at all.  From what I have heard from a lot of college basketball insiders they think eventually the tourny won't include any teams from the smaller conferences.  They think it either be just teams from the power conference teams or just select the best 68 teams with no automatic bids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

As long as they have automatic bids for the Nike Ducks, the Adidas Jayhawks, the ESPN Blue Devils and the UnderArmour Terrapins. 

42 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The sport that is college basketball continues to slide down the list of things that interest me.  I will always be an IU fan, but my desire to follow the sport beyond the Hoosiers is virtually non-existant right now.

I haven't gotten that far yet but if they messed with the tournament I will be close to it.  Not much else to watch during the winter so I will keep watching for now.  I guess I am where you are with the NBA where I can't watch any games but the Pacers.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The sport that is college basketball continues to slide down the list of things that interest me.  I will always be an IU fan, but my desire to follow the sport beyond the Hoosiers is virtually non-existant right now.

100% agree.  I have loved the game since I knew what it was.  I have coached for 30 years.  I like literally all levels less every year.  Even high school ball is getting worse.  Travel ball is awful.  Haven't had interest in the NBA in many years.  College basketball is the last to fall for me, but other than the Hoosiers, I could see me losing interest.  

Edited by NCHoosier32
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Cal, Howard, Musselman and Davis too high. Izzo, Hamilton too low.

Where is Archie? I see a lot of guys that were not hired on that list that we as fans felt would take it, not sure if any would have but for our boards lots of familiar names. 

You mentioned Archie, but three years ago, Sean Miller is firmly in Top 10.  Now that he's coaching again, why isn't he on the list?

• Like 1