Offseason 2022

47 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Are you talking about him becoming a father? Would you have preferred he didn't prioritize parenthood? 

It's great that he stepped up and I don't doubt he loves his daughter.  Too many guys run from fatherhood and I'm glad he's chosen to embrace it.  I hope he remains a big influence in her life.  I love my daughter and would do most anything for her and I'm guessing Tamar feels the same about his little girl. 

I also think it was foolish to get himself into that situation to begin with.  It's not like birth control is that difficult for a guy and I think it's fair to question a lack of judgment here.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I'm pretty confident getting his GF pregnant in his first year at IU didn't help his focus and development on the court.  I'm going to assume that he sees all this now and is refocused on trying to be both a good father and a good ball player.

On the plus side, it appears he's improved his jumper this summer and I applaud his efforts in that regard.  I also remember that he looked good last summer and then fell off as the competition ramped up.  I'm absolutely rooting for him to take that leap and make it stick this year, but right now, it's all guesswork.

21 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I also think it was foolish to get himself into that situation to begin with.  It's not like birth control is that difficult for a guy and I think it's fair to question a lack of judgment here.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I'm pretty confident getting his GF pregnant in his first year at IU didn't help his focus and development on the court.  I'm going to assume that he sees all this now and is refocused on trying to be both a good father and a good ball player.

I guess this is where we will have to agree to disagree - people have sex, especially in committed relationships and we severely lack as a society in terms of providing various forms of birth control and in terms of sex education. But even without those two major failings, people can still get pregnant doing all the right precautions. I have no idea how careful they were being, but short of someone not having sex in college that's a risk we've all taken and I'm not going to judge a kid for doing a basic human thing. 

I guess from my point of view, life happens, and it isn't the Tamar did anything wrong, it just worked out this way and he seems to be making the best of it. I'm a fan of his and am rooting for him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I guess this is where we will have to agree to disagree - people have sex, especially in committed relationships and we severely lack as a society in terms of providing various forms of birth control and in terms of sex education. But even without those two major failings, people can still get pregnant doing all the right precautions. I have no idea how careful they were being, but short of someone not having sex in college that's a risk we've all taken and I'm not going to judge a kid for doing a basic human thing. 

I guess from my point of view, life happens, and it isn't the Tamar did anything wrong, it just worked out this way and he seems to be making the best of it. I'm a fan of his and am rooting for him. 

Yeah, short of a very low probability event, agree to disagree here.

I'm rooting for him too.  That much we agree upon.  If Tamar plays like he's capable of playing, he's a starter on a very good IU team.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Sister Jean was in the spotlight again when Loyola took down Georgia Tech and No. 1 seed Illinois to reach the Sweet 16. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Wow, this is very cool!

Just read too that it's the first ever regular season primetime network game. 

I was so hoping the Colts played @ the Raiders the same weekend. Either way, this is going to be one awesome event for Hoosier fans that are able to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I was so hoping the Colts played @ the Raiders the same weekend. Either way, this is going to be one awesome event for Hoosier fans that are able to go.

Bears, Colts, Packers bye week....along with a few others. Have a crew going out. Don't have tickets yet but planning on getting sometime between now and December. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Does this mean you can't record the game? If so, just WOW, what a horrible move for fans. 

I have Peacock for IndyCar coverage of qualifying and practice. Past sessions are available after they are completed. The part that is a pain is that if I go to turn on a live event after it has started, I have to pick up where it’s at. I can’t start from the beginning. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Does this mean you can't record the game? If so, just WOW, what a horrible move for fans. 

Probably have to pay the premium for ad free.  So I'm guessing on demand and be able to blow through the advertisements or it would just skip the advertisements I guess? 

Edited by NotIThatLives