Jump to content

Offseason 2022


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

You're higher on Smith than I am. He's listed at 5'10", 165 lb which means he's probably more like 5'9", maybe even 5'8". He's the type of player that might be good his junior or senior year but I wouldn't expect much from him this year or next. 

I hope you are correct. Whole lot of Jordy Hulls in that young man. Not quite the shooter Jordy was at that age but not far off. He won't have to score a lot.  Will probably be thrown to the wolves and will be fine by time BIG play starts. In past years I would say he is the guy that will be the thorn in IU side for 4 years but that's because I have not liked our roster. I love what we have and where we are headed so Smith won't be that guy I wish we had landed. Not that I would not take him in a heart beat but with XJ, JHS, and Cupps we are pretty pretty good at that ppsition

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lunardi has us a #4 seed in his latest bracket, the highest of any Big Ten team.  He has 8 teams from the conference making it (and that' excludes Wisconsin), but the next highest seeds after us are Illinois and Michigan as 6's.  

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2023-march-madness-men-field

 

 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

maybe we should start a Purdue/Illinois thread just for the people who like to talk about them so that people who don't care at all don't need to read about them?  or maybe those schools should start their own message boards?  maybe they already have one?  i wouldn't know because i don't care.  

Could we use @Purdue7 as our mentor for navigating the perils Hammer and Rails?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hope you are correct. Whole lot of Jordy Hulls in that young man. Not quite the shooter Jordy was at that age but not far off. He won't have to score a lot.  Will probably be thrown to the wolves and will be fine by time BIG play starts. In past years I would say he is the guy that will be the thorn in IU side for 4 years but that's because I have not liked our roster. I love what we have and where we are headed so Smith won't be that guy I wish we had landed. Not that I would not take him in a heart beat but with XJ, JHS, and Cupps we are pretty pretty good at that ppsition

Better athlete than Hulls….hopefully as good a shooter and leader 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi has us a #4 seed in his latest bracket, the highest of any Big Ten team.  He has 8 teams from the conference making it (and that' excludes Wisconsin), but the next highest seeds after us are Illinois and Michigan as 6's.  

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2023-march-madness-men-field

 

 

Seems accurate until Woody decides to bring in some shooters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We can develop shooting, DBM. 

Keegan Murray jumped from 30% as a freshman to 40% as a sophomore 

EJ Liddell went from 19%, to 34% to 37% in his 3 years at OSU 

Ron Harper Jr went from 28% as a freshman to 40% as a senior

They can and do improve as they mature... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi has us a #4 seed in his latest bracket, the highest of any Big Ten team.  He has 8 teams from the conference making it (and that' excludes Wisconsin), but the next highest seeds after us are Illinois and Michigan as 6's.  

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2023-march-madness-men-field

 

 

Where are Joe's Hawks?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We can develop shooting, DBM. 

We don’t even need to be an elite shooting team to be an elite team. We need a 1-2 percent bump as a team to be right where we need to be in terms of percentage. I wouldn’t mind a higher volume of threes though. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Keegan Murray jumped from 30% as a freshman to 40% as a sophomore 

EJ Liddell went from 19%, to 34% to 37% in his 3 years at OSU 

Ron Harper Jr went from 28% as a freshman to 40% as a senior

They can and do improve as they mature... 

 

It's a skill that is being developed quite often, just not under Archie Miller. 

Agree with the general premise "we need better shooters".. but, we weren't fixing that 100% in 2 seasons. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

We don’t even need to be an elite shooting team to be an elite team. We need a 1-2 percent bump as a team to be right where we need to be in terms of percentage. I wouldn’t mind a higher volume of threes though. 

Hey, now we're talking!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...