Offseason 2022

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Putting those two players in the same sentence completely voids and credibility in the entire post 

Personally,  I think any sentence that involves Nojel Eastern should be scrutinized to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this has already been said somewhere, but in the updated Way Too Early top 25, they have us down a spot to #15 and they project starters as XJ, JHS, Kopp, Race, and TJD.  Seems likely.  I'm personally good with that.  Just still sticking by that if Bates improves enough to take that starting spot over Kopp, I will be really really optimistic about what this team will do.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I'm personally good with that.  Just still sticking by that if Bates improves enough to take that starting spot over Kopp, I will be really really optimistic about what this team will do.  

Or it could be Geronimo at the 3 as well. Talk about options. 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not one other B1G team.

Indiana #2.

Purdue #9.

Michigan #10.

Still, this just emphasizes how much we need shooting.  There are no more excuses.  I'm not  convinced splashing around in a swimming pool under the watch of an NFL trainer is the way to do it. 

We'll find out next season.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Indiana #2.

Purdue #9.

Michigan #10.

Still, this just emphasizes how much we need shooting.  There are no more excuses.  I'm not  convinced splashing around in a swimming pool under the watch of an NFL trainer is the way to do it. 

I need to get my glasses checked...

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not one other B1G team. Might bode well for us if we can use this advantage, however as we discussed all last season and the offseason, we need to become more perimeter oriented. 

Not sure this is as much of a chest puffer as the ranking suggests.

Yeah, I don't really consider Purdue (#9) or MI (#10) to be B1G teams either. 😀

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Indiana #2.

Purdue #9.

Michigan #10.

What should they have been doing? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Indiana #2.

Purdue #9.

Michigan #10.

You do realize the swim training is only a SMALL portion of what they do right?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What should they have been doing?

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You do realize the swim training is only a SMALL portion of what they do right?

Didn't think I'd have to explain this, but:  I'm just weary of years of look-at-me muscle pics of the IU basketball team . . . and then being horrible shooters during the season.

I'd much rather see Tweets about players who hit 95% free throws or 45% 3-pointers.  That would be progress.  Instead, we get Tweets from our NFL trainer about lifting weights, jumping, and swimming pools.

To be clear, I'm impressed with the effort of the players.  Not impressed with the results.   

Last season, Indiana was dead last in conference for 3-point shots made, and free-throw percentage.  Last.  14th out of 14 teams.  We were 11th in 3-point shooting percentage.

Who is in charge of addressing this?  How do they spend their time?  Do we even have a shooting coach?  Shooting is more important to the game than ever. 

I don't buy the argument that these were Archie's kids, and we need to wait a few years until they're all gone.  Some do believe that.  But that's a different thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Didn't think I'd have to explain this, but:  I'm just weary of years of look-at-me muscle pics of the IU basketball team . . . and then being horrible shooters during the season.

I'd much rather see Tweets about players who hit 95% free throws or 45% 3-pointers.  That would be progress.  Instead, we get Tweets from our NFL trainer about lifting weights, jumping, and swimming pools.

To be clear, I'm impressed with the effort of the players.  Not impressed with the results.   

Last season, Indiana was dead last in conference for 3-point shots made, and free-throw percentage.  Last.  14th out of 14 teams.  We were 11th in 3-point shooting percentage.

Who is in charge of addressing this?  How do they spend their time?  Do we even have a shooting coach?  Shooting is more important to the game than ever. 

I don't buy the argument that these were Archie's kids, and we need to wait a few years until they're all gone.  Some do believe that.  But that's a different thread.

I just dont post the videos of them shooting. It bores me. They tweet videos of them shooting REGULARLY. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

One of the players talked in an interview about the coaches working with them to improve technique. So it's being worked on. We also saw during the season some of the players improving their shooting. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

One of the players talked in an interview about the coaches working with them to improve technique. So it's being worked on. We also saw during the season some of the players improving their shooting. 

It was Race... Talked about how coaches were changing the way he received passes when he was going to shoot and hand position on the ball... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Indiana #2.

Purdue #9.

Michigan #10.

Cross training (yoga, swimming, primal movements in sand pits, etc.) is very important because it prevents muscle imbalances. Athletes in every sport perform repeated movements unique to the sport they are competing in. This creates muscle imbalances. Muscle imbalances create injuries.  

While swimming may not improve their shooting performance, it will increase the chances they’ll be healthy enough to be in games, injury free, so they can shoot the ball. Not to mention, cross-training improves agility so they can stay in front of their opponents defensively. Balance so they can finish after contact. Core strength so they don’t get knocked off of their position, Etc., etc.

However, if NCAA basketball consisted only of playing H-O-R-S-E, you’d have an outstanding point. 

Dude, just let them tweet fun videos to get fans who aren’t as crazy as us excited about this team. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 4