Offseason 2022

31 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if what happened was he was speeding and the “resisting” was something like them asking X to get out of the car, allowing them to search the vehicle without any cause, etc. Cops HATE when civilians know their rights and won’t just blindly let them do whatever they want to the civilian out of fear of the law being on the cop’s side. 

My freshman year got pulled over since we were the only ones out on this road. Cop automatically assumed it was drunk driving, absolutely harassed the driver and made him take a field sobriety test. We were literally just lost and trying to find fast food, so yes, cops can absolutely make something out of nothing. 

Lot of things in this post that are blatantly false. Cops don’t hate when citizens know their rights. In fact, most cops encourage it. What cops hate is citizens who think they know their rights and actually don’t at all, which unfortunately is a large portion of society. 

Secondly, Police can never force someone to take a field sobriety test or breathalyze. Cops can, if a judge grants probable cause, get a search warrant for your blood which is obtained using reasonable force. But the cops can’t make you take the tests. It’s generally a good idea to submit to a chemical test though, since in Indiana we follow “implied consent” which essentially states that as a condition of operating a motor vehicle you impliedly consent to a chemical test and failure to do so will often result in a loss of your license.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Trayce sounds like a leader there, as well as a good friend. All the qualities we’ve assumed he had, just not expressed vocally. 

And he is right. Lander was screwed by Archie and parents who thought their kid was better than what he was.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am so tired of people saying to just get rid of kids when they play poorly or have off the court issues. Especially when they have ZERO idea of facts.

When my college aged daughter makes mistakes (and she will), I hope none of you are there to condemn her, throw away her future and tell her she is not worth helping learn during troubled times.

These are the same people that bitch about players lack of loyalty.

It is a bad look. But zero reaso. To hint he should be "gone". Good freaking grief, some of you need to learn how to love peole.

You're my boy Blue!!!!!! I love you man!!

I See Blue He Looks Glorious Old School Blue Movie Quote ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A friend of mine actually happened to be in the jail when X got there and from what he told me X seemed like he understood what he did and the punishment he is gonna face. X told him his side of the story and he said that X was saying that he just ruined his life. With him saying that wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the team next year. 

• Like 1

Some of you if you knew half the stuff not reported thats happened with IU players over the years, your heads would explode.  in the late 80's I played slow pitch softball and a current IU player at the time played 3 summers with us. One game this player was so high he couldnt get out of his car before the 3rd inning.

Just because they play basketball at IU doesnt mean they wont make mistakes, just like other kids.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, mkaser said:

A friend of mine actually happened to be in the jail when X got there and from what he told me X seemed like he understood what he did and the punishment he is gonna face. X told him his side of the story and he said that X was saying that he just ruined his life. With him saying that wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the team next year. 

😳😳

• Like 1

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/college-basketball/iu-point-guard-xavier-johnson-arrested-for-reckless-driving-resisting-law-enforcement/

Assuming this is all true. Assuming he is currently working his butt off in and out of the classroom. 

Probably suspend him 1 or 2 games, he runs just an ungodly amount this offseason and we move on. 

Just how I see it. Again..  different information either way could change my opinion. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/college-basketball/iu-point-guard-xavier-johnson-arrested-for-reckless-driving-resisting-law-enforcement/

Assuming this is all true. Assuming he is currently working his butt off in and out of the classroom. 

Probably suspend him 1 or 2 games, he runs just an ungodly amount this offseason and we move on. 

Just how I see it. Again..  different information either way could change my opinion. 

1-2 games maximum. Let’s not forget Mark Few got 1 game for a DUI. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well knowing how CMW suspended those five players one game for curfew violations (and other undisclosed issues), should tell you he means business. We will see….

But that was the night before a game, not the off-season. Can’t see the standard being the same there at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mkaser said:

Anyone acting holier than thou, is????? I know I have made 1000’s of mistakes and still am! Remember working at Indiana Dunes National Park summers during college. They preferentially hired veterans and excons! Z showed up one Monday, he had just been released from 9 years in Michigan City State Prison! I grew up white privileged, he grew up in the inner city of MC. Still we struck up a friendship in the short time we knew each other. Don’t be so quick to wad up a person’s life and look for the next shiny thing!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Anyone acting holier than thou, is????? I know I have made 1000’s of mistakes and still am! Remember working at Indiana Dunes National Park summers during college. They preferentially hired veterans and excons! Z showed up one Monday, he had just been released from 9 years in Michigan City State Prison! I grew up white privileged, he grew up in the inner city of MC. Still we struck up a friendship in the short time we knew each other. Don’t be so quick to wad up a person’s life and look for the next shiny thing!!!

Not trying to "wad" up his life but if there is anyone who knows what a punishment is gonna be like its going to be someone within the program. In my eyes Woody is still trying to build his culture and I feel like he may think this would be a starting point with saying that he isn't gonna tolerate this stuff. 

• Like 4