Offseason 2022

1 minute ago, jojo123 said:

Why did knight assault the officer? He just decided to go out on the street and put a jack ass in a garbage can? Tell the whole story or trap shut. 

Fair point.

On a related note, Will Smith was completely justified in assaulting Chris Rock earlier this week. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He should lose his license for a long time.  That is the appropriate punishment for th his crime.  Kicking him off the team is not an appropriate action.  It doesnt fit the offense.

I am not saying that he should or should not but why do you feel that way? I know teachers that have lost their jobs for a lot less. A level 6 felony arrest is not the same as speeding. Maybe there is a path of self destruction that people around him see and that is the eye opener. We only look at it as a fan. Heaven forbid that kicking him off would be a wake up call, so many times we all say if we had only see the signs maybe we could have helped him or taken different actions. Maybe that is what is needed. Maybe he needs some tough love from CMW and kept on the team. We only know a small part of the big picture and I support whatever decision is made but I am not upset at anyone that thinks he should be gone or thinks he should stay. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He should lose his license for a long time.  That is the appropriate punishment for th his crime.  Kicking him off the team is not an appropriate action.  It doesnt fit the offense.

He should definitely lose his license for a year. There needs to be consequences, but not “lose your job” consequences. 

• Like 3

@iuthruandthru

I agree with what you said mostly yesterday about the social media posts. And if were a habitual problem from TJD, I would 100% agree with you.... but.. the individual he responded to this weekend about Lander wasn't a troll. He is a "sports writer" and took a completely unnecessary cheap shot at KL and TJD wasn't pleased. 

Just to me, if he would regularly post that stuff, it wouldn't be good at all. I think an isolated incident is not a big deal at all. And he was just standing up for a teammate/friend. It wasn't anything more to that, in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Not my call.  Not your call.  Woodson will decide that.   I can honestly make an argument either way.  The only reason anyone cares is because the guy was our 2nd or 3rd best player.  If this was Logan Duncomb, quite a few people defending X now would probably be on the dump him train.  

Which is fine, this is about winning games now.  I get it.  However, people are downplaying what happened.  What Johnson did was extremely stupid.  Drag racing through town at the end of a Saturday night around one of the bar districts is extremely stupid.  Running from police is more stupid.  That absolutely could get you fired from your job in the "real world" particularly when every headline is "Your Employer"'s 5fouls was caught speeding through downtown in an attempt to evade police last night.  We have reached out to 5fouls's employer for comment.  All the perks that come along with the high profile jobs also have downsides.  Xavier isn't a burger flipper at McD's.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Why did knight assault the officer? He just decided to go out on the street and put a jack ass in a garbage can? Tell the whole story or trap shut. 

He punched a police officer over the use of a gym, that was currently being used by the Brazilian national team. And if I remember right refused to return to Puerto Rico for the trial. It has been a long time so not sure about all of it. He broke the law and had other incidents, so I guess in the eyes of some on here he should have been fired way before he was. Also Mark Few probably should have been fired also shouldn't he?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not saying that he should or should not but why do you feel that way? I know teachers that have lost their jobs for a lot less. A level 6 felony arrest is not the same as speeding. Maybe there is a path of self destruction that people around him see and that is the eye opener. We only look at it as a fan. Heaven forbid that kicking him off would be a wake up call, so many times we all say if we had only see the signs maybe we could have helped him or taken different actions. Maybe that is what is needed. Maybe he needs some tough love from CMW and kept on the team. We only know a small part of the big picture and I support whatever decision is made but I am not upset at anyone that thinks he should be gone or thinks he should stay. 

What he got arrested for and what he ends up charged with are probably two different things. 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

What he got arrested for and what he ends up charged with are probably two different things. 

I am sure they will be also. I am just not sure how anyone can take either side at this point. At the end of the day nothing could happen or the level 6 could stick. Until we see how this plays out I am reserving my judgement. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Everything will probably be dropped down to misdemeanors and he in all probability will be given Pre-Trial diversion which is basically stay out of trouble for however long it is.

• Like 5

Just now, KoB2011 said:

That's probably correct...

And the people who think anyone is "defending" XJs actions, if found to be true, are way off base...

I'm defending his constitutional right to fairness, and I'm defending the process we use to come to a judicial decision...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am sure they will be also. I am just not sure how anyone can take either side at this point. At the end of the day nothing could happen or the level 6 could stick. Until we see how this plays out I am reserving my judgement. 

That’s fair. I think one side is assuming things beyond what we do know, so the other side is defending based on the limited amount we do know and not granting room for there to be more. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@iuthruandthru

I agree with what you said mostly yesterday about the social media posts. And if were a habitual problem from TJD, I would 100% agree with you.... but.. the individual he responded to this weekend about Lander wasn't a troll. He is a "sports writer" and took a completely unnecessary cheap shot at KL and TJD wasn't pleased. 

Just to me, if he would regularly post that stuff, it wouldn't be good at all. I think an isolated incident is not a big deal at all. And he was just standing up for a teammate/friend. It wasn't anything more to that, in my eyes. 

I think this is a fair statement but i personally still think when you interact with anyone you invite more people to expect interactions.  To your point though if anything as a reporter this guy probably did have an oh shoot moment and thought man I am never getting an interview with him or IU again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think this is a fair statement but i personally still think when you interact with anyone you invite more people to expect interactions.  To your point though if anything as a reporter this guy probably did have an oh shoot moment and thought man I am never getting an interview with him or IU again.

I think like 99.9% of the time you are right. I have a lot of respect for TJD and I believe if he "finally" said something, he understood the risk and calculated them. Idk if that makes sense or not. I don't want them having daily or even monthly interactions on Twitter, unless positive though. You are spot on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Woodson keeps Xavier he will be held responsible if something happens again.The fanbase will turn quickly.His job will be on line.

Looks like dbmhoosier got another screen name.  There is a certain segment of our fanbase that is constantly suggesting that with every misstep, Woodson will or should be fired.  What is amusing is that many of these same folks are the ones who advocated for Calipari, Pitino, Pearl, and so on.  So is that just a short term memory loss, or is it a sliding scale of ethics?

• Like 1

....Interesting post I found on a rival IU message board.....

"Some people who were there are saying another car with a gun was at a stoplight next to X's car, there were some words exchanged or something like that. I'm not sure this is solely a Mike Woodson decision,....this might be a Scott Dolson, President Whitten, and Woodson decision. We've had some football players make some really bad decisions lately, beating up girlfriend, having pot in the car, and running from the police, none of them were dismissed."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

"Some people who were there are saying another car with a gun was at a stoplight next to X's car, there were some words exchanged or something like that. I'm not sure this is solely a Mike Woodson decision,....this might be a Scott Dolson, President Whitten, and Woodson decision. We've had some football players make some really bad decisions lately, beating up girlfriend, having pot in the car, and running from the police, none of them were dismissed."

Oh Scott Dolson will absolutely be in on this decision.

35 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

He punched a police officer over the use of a gym, that was currently being used by the Brazilian national team. And if I remember right refused to return to Puerto Rico for the trial. It has been a long time so not sure about all of it. He broke the law and had other incidents, so I guess in the eyes of some on here he should have been fired way before he was. Also Mark Few probably should have been fired also shouldn't he?

Don't forget that Coach Knight shot someone in a hunting accident, and in Scott's eyes, that's murder.....:coffee:

• Haha 6

For all of you suggesting some of us want to give X a break just because he is an IU player, I actually think you have it backward.

From what I see, some of you want to treat him more harshly BECAUSE he is an IU player.  He's embarrassed your team, a team that has been struggling for positive news for over 20 years.  This is another bad moment, an all bad moments should be ceremoniously purged so that we can think better about our Hoosiers.

You're holding this young man to a higher standard because he plays for your team.  At the same time, if it was the Home Depot guy, you would root for him to lose his license, you would hope he would be required to do community work, and you would be perfectly okay if he was fined some amount of money.

All thst said, you would not give one moment of thought that he should be fired.  If you went to Home Depot a month after the incident and needed help deciding what flashing to buy for your house, would you refuse his advice and demand the store manager let you talk to someone else?

XJ could have killed someone with his actions, but didnt.  He didn't commit rape, assault, armed robbery, murder, or steal someone's life savings.

There are specific punishments on the books for the type of offense he committed.  Losing your job is not one of them, nor should it be.  

He messed up.  He will receive some sort of punishment.

There is no injustice if Woodson allows him to remain on the team.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Everything is rumors right now. One message board was supposedly saying he was doing 150mph.

• Like 1