Offseason 2022

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh Scott Dolson will absolutely be in on this decision.

Absolutely....That is why I posted this. I'm only going off of what's been public knowledge on this matter, however....

The dad in me says X will have to deal with some strict repercussions, but not excused from the team. Coach Woodson will go to bat for any of his players, good or bad, unfortunately this will take more that just his voice or opinion.

• Like 6

If X isn’t at the very least suspended for a significant amount of time then I never want to hear support for throwing away a conference game over a missed curfew. We set a pretty strict precedent with rule breaking and now a felony is on the table. Let’s see them walk the walk now. 

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For all of you suggesting some of us want to give X a break just because he is an IU player, I actually think you have it backward.

From what I see, some of you want to treat him more harshly BECAUSE he is an IU player.  He's embarrassed your team, a team that has been struggling for positive news for over 20 years.  This is another bad moment, an all bad moments should be ceremoniously purged so that we can think better about our Hoosiers.

You're holding this young man to a higher standard because he plays for your team.  At the same time, if it was the Home Depot guy, you would root for him to lose his license, you would hope he would be required to do community work, and you would be perfectly okay if he was fined some amount of money.

All thst said, you would not give one moment of thought that he should be fired.  If you went to Home Depot a month after the incident and needed help deciding what flashing to buy for your house, would you refuse his advice and demand the store manager let you talk to someone else?

XJ could have killed someone with his actions, but didnt.  He didn't commit rape, assault, armed robbery, murder, or steal someone's life savings.

There are specific punishments on the books for the type of offense he committed.  Losing your job is not one of them, nor should it be.  

He messed up.  He will receive some sort of punishment.

There is no injustice if Woodson allows him to remain on the team.

Good post!.....

Ultimately, we all want our children to respect and appreciate all we do for them because we love them. When our kids mess up or do the extreme, we most likely become angry, disappointed or hurt.  I'm sure CMW is feeling the same way. As an IU fanbase, we become deeply invested in players and when careless or selfish things happen we often feel the same way.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For all of you suggesting some of us want to give X a break just because he is an IU player, I actually think you have it backward.

From what I see, some of you want to treat him more harshly BECAUSE he is an IU player.  He's embarrassed your team, a team that has been struggling for positive news for over 20 years.  This is another bad moment, an all bad moments should be ceremoniously purged so that we can think better about our Hoosiers.

You're holding this young man to a higher standard because he plays for your team.  At the same time, if it was the Home Depot guy, you would root for him to lose his license, you would hope he would be required to do community work, and you would be perfectly okay if he was fined some amount of money.

All thst said, you would not give one moment of thought that he should be fired.  If you went to Home Depot a month after the incident and needed help deciding what flashing to buy for your house, would you refuse his advice and demand the store manager let you talk to someone else?

XJ could have killed someone with his actions, but didnt.  He didn't commit rape, assault, armed robbery, murder, or steal someone's life savings.

There are specific punishments on the books for the type of offense he committed.  Losing your job is not one of them, nor should it be.  

He messed up.  He will receive some sort of punishment.

There is no injustice if Woodson allows him to remain on the team.

Thank you for the voice of rationality.  

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Good post!.....

Ultimately, we all want our children to respect and appreciate all we do for them because we love them. When our kids mess up or do the extreme, we most likely become angry, disappointed or hurt.  I'm sure CMW is feeling the same way. As an IU fanbase, we become deeply invested in players and when careless or selfish things happen we often feel the same way.

We become deeply invested in players that win, or we think can help us win.  Not doing my homework, but it would be interesting to go through the post history of the "give X another chance" crowd and see what their opinions were on keeping underperforming players at the end of the year.

I will be honest, I am not 13 years old anymore, none of these guys are going to hold a spot in my heart like a Calbert Cheaney or Damon Bailey did because I am too old to idolize 18-23 year olds.  I want guys here who will win games and produce a culture of winning.  I like to watch sports to see a good game and to see the team I root for win.  So if XJ getting a slap on the wrist means more wins next year, ok.  If there is no real appreciable difference in the W/L column expected in keeping him around, then I am also ok with letting him go.

This is going to sound really harsh, but I am here for the wins now.  Half of teams are transient these days.  It is like a pro team, I pull for the jersey more than the players anymore.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

He punched a police officer over the use of a gym, that was currently being used by the Brazilian national team. And if I remember right refused to return to Puerto Rico for the trial. It has been a long time so not sure about all of it. 

IIRC, an arrest warrant was issued for RMK but the Governor of Indiana(Robert Orr) stepped in somehow.  I am pretty sure the Puerto Rican gov't wanted him extradited.  But yeah, that was quite awhile back...1979?

• Like 1

Man, it's sure been slow around here.  Nothing better to do but beat up on each other on the bad behavior of young men at IU.  Reminds me of the song from Jesus Christ Superstar... "What's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'...What's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Did someone you know lose their job at home depot.  If so i am really sorry they did.  I feel like you have a very strong connection to home depot.  Do you get paid for every time you say home depot.  Does me saying Home Depot help you get paid for this.  If so i can say home depot a few more times in my post.  Home Depot :coffee:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Man, it's sure been slow around here.  Nothing better to do but beat up on each other on the bad behavior of young men at IU.  Reminds me of the song from Jesus Christ Superstar... "What's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'...What's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'!"

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Did someone you know lose their job at home depot.  If so i am really sorry they did.  I feel like you have a very strong connection to home depot.  Do you get paid for every time you say home depot.  Does me saying Home Depot help you get paid for this.  If so i can say home depot a few more times in my post.  Home Depot :coffee:

Omaha!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You guys that listen to him... are going to come on here and tell us what he says, aren't you? 

I’m not going to listen, but you know what he’s going to say. X  not a team player, shouldn’t be on team but Woody won’t do what’s needed, blah, blah, blah.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

If X isn’t at the very least suspended for a significant amount of time then I never want to hear support for throwing away a conference game over a missed curfew. We set a pretty strict precedent with rule breaking and now a felony is on the table. Let’s see them walk the walk now. 

The thing is with this happening outside of the season he can be punished without being suspended.  There is plenty of time and things coach and IU can ask him to do that will be a lot harder than just being suspended for a few games.  Suspension would be easy. Instead as so many have suggested let’s get him in front of kids and have him talk about what he did and why it was so dumb.  Have him earn his time back on the practice court and for games doing community service.  Have him meet with families that have lost loved ones in major accidents that could have been avoided.  So many harder things can be done here that should make XJ better for it.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Actually, I prefer Loews.