Offseason 2022

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This post is indicative of the reason XJ's issue should have had it's own thread.  Important nuggets on the off season are getting lost and they have nowhere else to go.

It's always unfortunate when something happens with a player and it overshadows other important things happening in the offseason or how the depth chart might look next season etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This post is indicative of the reason XJ's issue should have had it's own thread.  Important nuggets on the off season are getting lost and they have nowhere else to go.

Yes, but there is ZERO reason to have XJ's "off-season" issues to be put "on blast" separately for the whole world to see. It just draws too much negative attention.....JMO 

17 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

No. That’s just his initial hearing where his attorney will make an appearance or he will be assigned a public defender if he can’t afford legal representation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Great. Make him run a lot and move on. 

Give him a curfew and assign someone to follow up on it and report to Woodson directly.  I would have him on program "house arrest" for the foreseeable future.

Getting a couple drinks and partying at the club would be off the table for awhile.  You want to prove to me you are all in, then your social life is taking a hit.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Give him a curfew and assign someone to follow up on it and report to Woodson directly.  I would have him on program "house arrest" for the foreseeable future.

Getting a couple drinks and partying at the club would be off the table for awhile.  You want to prove to me you are all in, then your social life is taking a hit.

I'd even be good with indefinitely suspended.. roll with something like what you are saying and see if he earns his spot back.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Oh, and someone better have an eye on these guys from April 17 through the 23.  Particularly the guys who are at IU for their first year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I just hope this update and clarification is met with the same rush to judgement on the other side of things. Made a mistake. No wiggle room moving forward for him.

Make him run or whatever...but this should be the end of things. 

I agree. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I have been following this and based upon the facts we have now, I don't see this as a reason to kick him off the team.  Find a punishment and chalk it up as a learning experience. Hopefully he ends up a better man for it. 

How can you even be a part of this board with out jumping to conclusions and making a knee jerk reaction without the facts coming out?😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it’s worth mentioning that since so many keep bringing up N walnut and his speed, if the report is true and he was going 90 in a 50mph zone he likely was not downtown at all.  I would think this would have had to have been around the stretch of N walnut past the north side McDonalds where north walnut intersects with old St Rd 37, maybe even on N 37 Business which is the continuation of N Walnut.  Pretty sure the speed here is 45/50 and it’s very remote compared to downtown Bloomington.  I could also see that they just drove back into town and floored it off the exit from 69.  Pretty sure X lives in a place off or close to N Walnut.  No matter what I am pretty confident the speeding did not happen downtown as there is no 50mph downtown.

It would be good to know where the infraction occurred vs where he got pulled over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that since so many keep bringing up N walnut and his speed, if the report is true and he was going 90 in a 50mph zone he likely was not downtown at all.  I would think this would have had to have been around the stretch of N walnut past the north side McDonalds where north walnut intersects with old St Rd 37, maybe even on N 37 Business which is the continuation of N Walnut.  Pretty sure the speed here is 45/50 and it’s very remote compared to downtown Bloomington.  I could also see that they just drove back into town and floored it off the exit from 69.  Pretty sure X lives in a place off or close to N Walnut.  No matter what I am pretty confident the speeding did not happen downtown as there is no 50mph downtown.

It would be good to know where the infraction occurred vs where he got pulled over.

If I'm reading things correctly the arrest happened at 2036 N Walnut. Everyone who has spent 5 seconds in Bloomington knows that downward hill on N Walnut. Again not excusing anything but he wasn't doing 90 in front of 7th or 8th street....probably just hit the gas messing around saw the green light headed towards Denny's and got in trouble.

Someone please come along and correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the area. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm reading things correctly the arrest happened at 2036 N Walnut. Everyone who has spent 5 seconds in Bloomington knows that downward hill on N Walnut. Again not excusing anything but he wasn't doing 90 in front of 7th or 8th street....probably just hit the gas messing around saw the green light headed towards Denny's and got in trouble.

Someone please come along and correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the area. 

I think that's X's address. Either way, as mentioned above, wherever 50 is the speed limit isn't going to a high pedestrian area. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

That part of the road would still he dangerous to go that fast

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That part of the road would still he dangerous to go that fast

He got arrested, embarrassed, and is in a lot of trouble. I think the an appropriate punishment would = $$$ (fines/court/lawyer costs), suspended license, community service, and a lot of running. However, I don't think he should be kicked off the team nor would my opinion change if it was Duncomb.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2