Offseason 2022

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm reading things correctly the arrest happened at 2036 N Walnut. Everyone who has spent 5 seconds in Bloomington knows that downward hill on N Walnut. Again not excusing anything but he wasn't doing 90 in front of 7th or 8th street....probably just hit the gas messing around saw the green light headed towards Denny's and got in trouble.

Someone please come along and correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the area. 

So he drove away and didn’t stop per what we know.  Does the arrest say where the infraction occurred?  For all we know he sped where I stated and drove to around where he lives which I believe is close to that address you noted.

• Like 1

I have opined on this more and I keep wondering where is it 50MPH around that area.  Highway 46 is 50MPH east of I69 heading toward walnut/college.  Could have sped in that area down the hill on 46 and would have put him relatively close to the address the stop occurred in a short amount of time.  As stated by myself and others above pretty sure that’s close to where he lives.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

IU Scott: "Back in my day every car went 3000 mph minimum. Today you're lucky to get a car that can go 40 mph."

You all are reading this much different that I am . I think Scott feels his hair is on fire any time going over 25mph, and ends up in the fetal position in the floorboard. Now, there really isn't anything wrong with this. People have limits. 

Heck, I once had a decorated fire fighter, who later became the fire chief at the fire station very close to the Monroe County Airport, assume the fetal position, in the floor board, during a response situation that I obviously had totally under control. People have different thresholds, I guess. 😁  

I actually had this exact same type truck, 4' off the ground, @ 45 mph.. EPIC fail ! !  He wet himself a little. Sissy.

s-l300.jpg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You all are reading this much different that I am . I think Scott feels his hair is on fire any time going over 25mph, and ends up in the fetal position in the floorboard. Now, there really isn't anything wrong with this. People have limits. 

Heck, I once had a decorated fire fighter, who later became the fire chief at the fire station very close to the Monroe County Airport, assume the fetal position, in the floor board, during a response situation that I obviously had totally under control. People have different thresholds, I guess. 😁  

I actually had this exact same type truck, 4' off the ground, @ 45 mph.. EPIC fail ! !  He wet himself a little. Sissy.

s-l300.jpg

We have hit peak off season material

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

It took getting to the off-season, but we are ranked. #21 in the way too early ESPN rankings. 🎉🥳

Those rankings are catching up to the B1G failures in March anymore. The highest team is Michigan at 11th if Hunter returns and Illinois at #17 if Kofi returns, the Hoosiers are next at #21 if Trayce comes back. Not exactually great expectations for the B1G and the ones that are up there have some big question marks. Of course, these will all change by the start of the season and the rankings will end up with like 6 B1G teams ridiculously in them lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Those rankings are catching up to the B1G failures in March anymore. The highest team is Michigan at 11th if Hunter returns and Illinois at #17 if Kofi returns, the Hoosiers are next at #21 if Trayce comes back. Not exactually great expectations for the B1G and the ones that are up there have some big question marks. Of course, these will all change by the start of the season and the rankings will end up with like 6 B1G teams ridiculously in them lol.

True 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 7:10 AM, IUFLA said:

Here's a good article on XJ and his parents. 

I, too, was in the USAF for over 20 years, and raised 3 kids during that time, and the Johnson's story is not a rare one. I'm not saying military folks are better parents than most, but the balance between a military career, children, and money can be a difficult road to navigate. 

I guess my point is, XJ is going to have more than a few difficult conversations this week, and the one with his parents, who sacrificed so much for him to succeed, will be the most difficult. 

No matter the outcome on the legal end, or his tenure with the team, I hope he wakes up and sees what he's doing to the people who love him, sacrificed for him, and put him in the position to achieve success.

Appreciate your sacrifices for our country.  Doesn’t get much more honorable than that.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think this applies to just the X situation, but I hope we can stop the holier than thou theatrics as a fan base. Let’s start winning games. 

I posted this story before in another context but it reminds me of a Jimmy Johnson story when he was the Dallas head coach.  He cut a player who was an end-of-the-roster special teams guy for falling asleep in a meeting.  

The media tried to play gotcha by picking on JJ for cutting an end of the roster guy.  So someone asked him what he’d do if Troy Aikman fell asleep in a meeting.  JJ said, I would say “Troy, wake up.”

As another example, Bob Costas has a new show on HBO.  He had JJ Redick on, who was articulate.  He said the same thing.  You weigh how good a player is versus how much of a jerk he is (he used a more colorful word than jerk).  I think that’s exactly right.  And it extends past sports.  

Here, three of the Windy City five are Gandhi. The two remaining are the good players.  The three that are gone, I’d say it wasn’t a coincidence.  

There are certain things we don’t know about X.  For example, we don’t know exactly what went down at Northwestern.  We also don’t know what Woody told them at that time.  For example, if he put them on a zero tolerance probation, then getting arrested might be a problem.

But I fall into the Jimmy Johnson, JJ Redick camp.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4