Offseason 2022

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

I had to laugh at the comment about “What could Matta learn from Woodson?”

Umm…quite a bit, probably. And there’s quite a bit Woodson could learn from Matta. There’s a reason that the top scientists, medical researchers, statisticians, etc often collaborate. Even if you’re the best in the world at something, it’s impossible to know everything about a single discipline, and we all have inherent biases in our own thinking. Having another top mind around just as another set of eyes or to fill in holes in knowledge is priceless, so long as all parties involved are open. 

Woody and Matta are both top tier basketball minds. The fact they could learn something from one another doesn’t discredit the other. It’s actually the highest compliment. 

It's astonishing isn't it? As if learning is a height you can reach, and "top off". 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you hear what direction he is leaning

No. I don't expect to. I think his parents and CMW are only ones that will know before we all do. 

I am usually wrong on these things but my gut is saying he stats even though my mind keeps saying he's gone. 

Edited by Billingsley99

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No. I don't expect to. I think his parents and CMW are only ones that will know before we all do. 

I am usually wrong on these things but my gut is saying he stats even though my mind keeps saying he's gone. 

I am thinking that there has been a lot of names about IU interest in makes me feel that there is more leaving.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I’d think it’s going to be that he’s going to test the waters for the NBA draft. I can’t imagine we’ll hear anything about his true decision until June. But I know nothing.

My gut also says he stays….and Race leaves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I’d think it’s going to be that he’s going to test the waters for the NBA draft. I can’t imagine we’ll hear anything about his true decision until June. But I know nothing.

My gut also says he stays….and Race leaves. 

I've tried a couple times to explain to our visiting friends on here and in the theme of consistency I'll say the same thing. We want TJD to go to the pros. We want him to get drafted and contribute. The sooner that happens...the sooner Coach Woodson can point to guys and say I can do the same for you.

As a selfish college fan I'd love for TJD to return. We could put up 25 wins next year....but long term the sooner we get guys to the league the sooner recruiting becomes just a bit easier.

*I know someone will come along and point out Kentucky results soon so I'll add I know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've tried a couple times to explain to our visiting friends on here and in the theme of consistency I'll say the same thing. We want TJD to go to the pros. We want him to get drafted and contribute. The sooner that happens...the sooner Coach Woodson can point to guys and say I can do the same for you.

As a selfish college fan I'd love for TJD to return. We could put up 25 wins next year....but long term the sooner we get guys to the league the sooner recruiting becomes just a bit easier.

*I know someone will come along and point out Kentucky results soon so I'll add I know. 

I get what you are saying and you are right. But I will say another way of making it easier to recruit is winning, and TJD makes that easier. If the Hoosiers are winning they should have no problems getting good players.

• Like 6

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

I get what you are saying and you are right. But I will say another way of making it easier to recruit is winning, and TJD makes that easier. If the Hoosiers are winning they should have no problems getting good players.

Yep....and I'd point to our friends from Champaign for that model. They've won plenty in the regular season the last 2 years....Ayo returning and losing...and Kofi returning twice and losing in tourney again has made life tough for Underwood on the recruiting trail.

Wish Coach would still post on here. He could explain better than I.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep....and I'd point to our friends from Champaign for that model. They've won plenty in the regular season the last 2 years....Ayo returning and losing...and Kofi returning twice and losing in tourney again has made life tough for Underwood on the recruiting trail.

Do y'all have a lot of good analysis here? The boards for MBB out here in the Pac12 are always dead, especially this time of year.

Edited by Jerseys4Hope
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseys4Hope said:

Do y'all have a lot of good analysis here? The boards for MBB out here in the Pac12 are always dead.

Good being the key word. I'd say as a whole our fans are pretty good. We know the game. We know what wins....but we haven't done a whole lot of that lately so basically everything I just said could be construed as crap. 

• Haha 1

I’m not sure about TJD, either way, I can find the good. I don’t know if he’ll get drafted or not… hope he does, but someone pointed out previously that he has fallen out of the mock draft boards. That being said, I think Han improve that by coming back and winning with IU. I wish nothing but the best for our guys. I’ll also add that if he does come back and IUBB does win, and make a deep tourney run… recruiting will get easier from that perspective as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah you definitely have to win in March. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you look at the past few champions you will see teams where they had players stay 4 years like Villanova, Baylor and UNC. They all had older players and it didn't hurt them with players staying.

• Like 3