Jump to content

Offseason 2022


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Without major lineup changes,  does anyone really see  different results than last year?

Honestly, yes.

We had a ton of close games and a team that was figuring how to win and play together on the fly, with a new coaching staff. I think there’s a good chance we are running back 3-4 of the starters and I expect us to make a big jump to top 3 in conference based on who I think will be here. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly, yes.

We had a ton of close games and a team that was figuring how to win and play together on the fly, with a new coaching staff. I think there’s a good chance we are running back 3-4 of the starters and I expect us to make a big jump to top 3 in conference based on who I think will be here. 

Not to mention we had a ton of close losses against good teams without Galloway and/or Phinisee. 

Those were big losses. I get injuries are part of it, but missing both of them in February was not an insignificant thing. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, kyhoosier29 said:

I just hope our movement on offense is better from the wings, as in getting open shots, making cuts, and opening the floor better. Not just watching the big guys work down low or just XJ / TJD pick and roll. Not saying there isn’t a place for those things, but it shouldn’t be something we see every single trip down the floor. Would still really like us to find a wing that can score on his own and shoot. 

We had a lot of wide open looks from 3, just no one to make them. Not seeing that changing much.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We had a lot of wide open looks from 3, just no one to make them. Not seeing that changing much.

I wonder if Fran McCaffery envisioned Keegan Murray going from a 30% 3 point shooter to a 40% 3 point shooter in one year?

Sometimes it's simply about putting in the work and getting the opportunity...

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Without major lineup changes,  does anyone really see  different results than last year?

Yes I do and think we can be a contender for the conference.  I think only UM will be better than us if they get everyone back. MSU is another team that probably will be at the the top.  After that I think we ate as good or better than the rest of the league.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rico said:

FYI...the Big 10 had a 3-pt line Ted's SR season.  He took 32 shots from behind the arc and made 21 of them.  

Wasn't that just for the big ten season. I think Wittman shot over 40 percent that season as well.  I remember Mitchell scored 40 against UI and hitting 18-18 from the line in 1981

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wasn't that just for the big ten season. I think Wittman shot over 40 percent that season as well.  I remember Mitchell scored 40 against UI and hitting 18-18 from the line in 1981

Yes.  It was just for conference play in 82-83.  Wittman was 8-18 for the season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How would this roster looks to you guys.

1- XJ/ Galloway

2- JHS/Dennis/Leal

3- Bates/Kopp/Gunn

4- Race/ Banks.

5- TJD/ Reneau/Duncomb

 

 

If Dennis signs and TJD stays, this would be a very, very good defensive team.  Only question would be where does the offense come from.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slojoe said:

If Dennis signs and TJD stays, this would be a very, very good defensive team.  Only question would be where does the offense come from.

The offense still worries me. But last year we lacked the defender on the wing who could stop the other team's best player from killing us down the stretch. If Dennis is that guy, I am all for it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rico said:

Yes.  It was just for conference play in 82-83.  Wittman was 8-18 for the season.

Was that the season Knight said there were only 3 guys in the b10 who could make threes and he had 2 of them (paraphrasing from memory)?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting tweet from Mo Creek. He's also been tweeting the last several days about being on his way to Bloomington. Could be nothing, but thought it was interesting since it's a slow point of the offseason. 

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rico said:

Scott Skiles was 25 for 50...

Could you imagine how many points Alford would have scored if he had the 3 pointer all of his 4 years.  I think his freshman year he shot around 59 percent from the field and a lot of them would have been 3's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Interesting tweet from Mo Creek. He's also been tweeting the last several days about being on his way to Bloomington. Could be nothing, but thought it was interesting since it's a slow point of the offseason. 

 

IU hasn’t announced Adam Howard to replace coach Walsh have they? If not I think Creek would be absolutely perfect in that role to prep him to take an assistant job for us once someone else leaves. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Was that the season Knight said there were only 3 guys in the b10 who could make threes and he had 2 of them (paraphrasing from memory)?

I almost said that….Purdue had Reid & Clawson but it was a great comment 

i always thought Kitchell & Glen Rice were the best shooting over 6’8” players in big ten history 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I almost said that….Purdue had Reid & Clawson but it was a great comment 

i always thought Kitchell & Glen Rice were the best shooting over 6’8” players in big ten history 

I'd add Christian Watford to that conversation. He made 48% from deep his senior year on 125 attempts. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Could you imagine how many points Alford would have scored if he had the 3 pointer all of his 4 years.  I think his freshman year he shot around 59 percent from the field and a lot of them would have been 3's.

Not an IU guy, but Rick Mount probably would have scored a million points with the 3 point shot. For IU, Jimmy Rayl would have been in the same neighborhood. Makes it really hard to compare kids from different eras.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

obviously TJD is gonna get feedback before making a decision on returning, however, my in-laws were at the dog park in B-town over the weekend and Race and his girlfriend were there with their dogs.  They talked for a bit, Race said TJD might be coming back.  I think there is a legit chance he returns.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Interesting tweet from Mo Creek. He's also been tweeting the last several days about being on his way to Bloomington. Could be nothing, but thought it was interesting since it's a slow point of the offseason. 

 

Is he done playing and maybe starting his coaching career? Would love for him to be part of the program somehow. I feel like Mo and IU got cheated out of each other because of a dumb injury. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...